Retevis RA25- 20W GMRS mobile

Shadow471

9 minutes ago, pcradio said:

For fun, I wanted to see the power draw on the Retevis RA25 mobile radio. I connected it to an AC to DC Converter 12V 5A 60W Power Adapter (Alitov brand.) . Then the adapter was plugged into a Kill-A-Watt meter.

Idle
~ 2W
~ .06A

Receiving on channel 16 (462.575) high power
~ 10W
~ .10A

Receiving on channel 16 (462.575) medium power
~ 4W
~ .06A

Receiving on channel 16 (462.575) low power
~ 3W
~ .06A

Transmitting on channel 16 (462.5750) high power
~ 48W
~ .71A

Transmitting on channel 16 (462.5750) medium power
~ 32W
~ .51A

Transmitting on channel 10 (467.6125) low power
~ 20W
~ .33A

Interesting to note what it's drawing on the 120v side of things. Also slightly curious why receiving draw would be different depending on transmit levels.

I was curious what my mxt115 draws, and since my alinco psu has power poles on the front along with a digital display, I put an adapter together and plugged it in, got 1.4A on low power and 3.5A on high, iirc, both at 13.8v.

• 8 months later...

I just got one of these RA25 radios and I am not able to edit the CTCSS/DCS codes no matter what model I pick.  Can anyone help me?  I have both Retevis and Radioddity software downloaded and unable to modify (add) some local repeaters that use CTSCC/DCS codes. 

Thanks.

Apparently the Ra-25 will only work with the Retevis programming software and cannot use either the Radioddity or Anytone software.

But you should be able to modify the Tones in the Retevis software:

Are you double clicking on the >> in the More column for the particular Channel that you want to edit the Tone?

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 2.12.09 AM.png

I tried to load to the radio from the software Retevis and it tells me "Frequency is wrong!" when I try and load my list.  I tried switching the model and just to try and load the 2 frequencies that are in the software and I get Frequency is wrong.  I did get the software to let me program my frequencies for repeaters but I keep getting the same frequency is wrong message.  I have chose all the models and keep getting frequency is wrong.  I am starting to think you can not put your own frequencies into this radio.  

• 1 year later...

I did up a python script that will take a chirp csv export and merge it with a Retevis CPS export that you can then open in the Retevis software and load into the radio.  Until Chirp figures out how to support it this has helped me quite a bit.  I developed this on an unlocked radio but it very well may work on the other modes.  It just strips the header and encodes the CSV into the retevis format.  

ChirpImport v1.0.py

7 hours ago, cowboypilot said:

I did up a python script that will take a chirp csv export and merge it with a Retevis CPS export that you can then open in the Retevis software and load into the radio.  Until Chirp figures out how to support it this has helped me quite a bit.  I developed this on an unlocked radio but it very well may work on the other modes.  It just strips the header and encodes the CSV into the retevis format.  

ChirpImport v1.0.py 11.64 kB · 0 downloads

Is there a tutorial that you can link those of us unfamiliar with snakes on how to take your file and execute it?