I just received my Mxt mobile unit from MIDLAND

LynnHudak

I have my radio, I have my call sign WRKT249, I ordered a antenna now what all do I need to go online?

Do you mean on air or on the network system? You seem ready for the first, however for the second you will need access to a network repeater. Doing a ULS run on your call, I believe the closest link is 24502. More information can be found here: Columbia650 Note this is a paid system so you will need permission to access this repeater.

2 wires to a power source and screw on the antenna. Turn it on, figure out how to use it. If it's in a vehicle do the best job you can installing it. Pick a spot for the mount that allows easy reach to the controls and a quick glance to read it. I also chose a spot where the screws would not be seen if it was removed. Because I bought a used work truck the previous owner had a hole through the fire wall the exact size of flexible conduit to house the power leads. I ran mine directly into the battery which required lengthening the leads. I used and old 12ga extension cord for the wire and good waterproof slices. Proper connectors were added to the leads and connected to the auxiliary posts now common on battery terminals. The entire conduit was wire tied neatly to another factory conduit, the 2 together look as if that is how it came from the factory The cable for the antenna is hidden under the dash, taken to the passenger door, fed through the weather stripping hiding it completely and out to the roof of the cab where a magnetic mounted antenna is placed. No wires inside the cab are visible except for the mic lead. I didn't mount the clip for the mic, couldn't see a way or place the wouldn't permanently damage the dash. The dash has cubby holes, one works well for the mic.

With just a little thought anyone can end up with a professionally looking install. 

I chose to hook up directly to the battery because the truck drains the battery quick even with the ignition turned to auxiliary, a matter of hours. Directly avoids all that just powering the radio. It also eliminates the need for a key to use the radio which might just save the day if the truck can't be turned on for various reasons. The Midland radio has a Time/off feature, I set mine to 1 hour and it works.