Chirp software not saving offset setting

Ghost1

Question

I programmed a few new repeaters in my Btech GMRS V1 this morning. After uploading the new info I noticed the new repeater settings would not work. I downloaded the list again and it seems the radio will not save the + or - in the duplex column for repeaters. After multiple attempts to change it then upload it the setting will not stay on the +. It changes itself back to NONE. I tried to set it manually through the keypad on the radio but I'm not having any luck. Any ideas? This is really starting to frustrate me. 

3 answers to this question

I assume you are using CHIRP software. YES?

I also assume you are saving information into the blank channel. YES?

I had the same issue with CHIRP and my BTECH GMRS-V1 when programming the repeater and saving data into the blank channel - radio would not save the "+" in the duplex column.

Then I decided to edit data for one of those pre-programmed channels: 23 - 30 (REPT15 - REPT22). After playing with this several times I was able to edit and save data in channel 24 (REPT16) and keep + in the duplex column.

Yes MozartMan, I would cut and paste a repeater channel and paste in open line and relabel channel to xyz repeater.  Would do my PL code from the radio.  Then the next time I would pull data from radio and save that file.

Jack

I assume you are using CHIRP software. YES?

I also assume you are saving information into the blank channel. YES?

I had the same issue with CHIRP and my BTECH GMRS-V1 when programming the repeater and saving data into the blank channel - radio would not save the "+" in the duplex column.

Then I decided to edit data for one of those pre-programmed channels: 23 - 30 (REPT15 - REPT22). After playing with this several times I was able to edit and save data in channel 24 (REPT16) and keep + in the duplex column.