CTCS and DCS repeaters codes for Midland MXt 115

jk06

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi

I just bought the MXT 115 and wanted to see if I need to program the CTCS codes for repeaters.

Thanks in advance!

Hello jk06,

Yes, you most certainly do need to enter the CTCSS/DCS codes for repeater access. Unless you bought the radio used you are unlikely to have any CTCSS or DCS codes active in the radio.

Make sure you obtain permission to use the repeater(s) from the repeater owner. If the codes are not published already here on myGMRS, you will need obtain the correct codes from the repeater owner.

Good luck.

Michael

WRHS965

KE8PLM

I've found most repeater owners to be quite receptive to gain access. Just take the time to request access or email them and you'll generally get a prompt response. If you get no response, chances are the repeater is no longer live. I have the MXT-275 which is basically the same radio as yours sans the controls on the mic. 

Thanks again. so, I entered code 13 for the 103.5 freq. Now, I'm looking at the DCS code chart and wondering of I have to use the same #13 for DCS?  any idea?

Hello jk06,

Yes, you most certainly do need to enter the CTCSS/DCS codes for repeater access. Unless you bought the radio used you are unlikely to have any CTCSS or DCS codes active in the radio.

Make sure you obtain permission to use the repeater(s) from the repeater owner. If the codes are not published already here on myGMRS, you will need obtain the correct codes from the repeater owner.

Good luck.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

Thanks again. so, I entered code 13 for the 103.5 freq. Now, I'm looking at the DCS code chart and wondering of I have to use the same #13 for DCS? any idea?

Only if the repeater your eyeing uses dcs for access. Dcs and ctcss are just two different sets of tones to control repeater access. Think of it like a filter on the repeater...it only hears signals with the right tone, everything else it ignores. You just have to match the tone to what it wants to hear, and it sounds like you're on track with ctcss.

The mxt115 sets the tone you program for both send and receive (In your case, ctcss 103.5).

Does that help a bit?