Best option(s) to link repeaters?

OffRoaderX

On 8/17/2024 at 8:29 PM, CentralFloridaGMRS said:

It was updated on the 14th with the word internet. Now I'm turning off my node and shutting down my Zello Connection for now.  

Interesting enough, the GMRS rules didn't change.   But merely,  FCC made a decision to grab the Repeater Linking Operators by the balls and put out stern warning those activities are illegal and always have.  Perhaps those Linking idiots watched to many videos that 'some people' produced, sending a message they would never be busted because the FCC doesn't enforce their rules.  Hopefully more like you will 'get it'..    I can imagine EBay will be pretty busy in the coming months selling tons of UHF repeater equipment..  Thinking about the number of linking operators and the cost of repeaters and linking equipment, there is one hella chunk pf change invested in that activity.     here is a good read    https://natcommag.substack.com/p/gmrs-fcc-says-linked-repeater-networks-illegal

1 hour ago, WRUU850 said:

Not that I care, but how do you define "flourished"?

Userbase may have dropped off, but the use and engagement on the platform has increased dramatically, sometimes beating out MSM number wise.  Something it never had before.

Sheer numbers of users don't equate success.

1 hour ago, marcspaz said:

If I was a Gambling Man, I would put money on a significant majority of that decline being related to politics and people's opinions about Elon Musk. The real question is, what is revenue like? If the user base fell by more than 20% but profitability went up, I would say that's a success. Of course I don't know the answer to those questions I'm just thinking out loud.

Fidelity, which owns a stake in X Holdings, said in a disclosure obtained by Axios that it had marked down the value of its shares by 71.5% since Musk’s purchase.

Musk acquired Twitter for $44bn in October 2022 and renamed the platform X in July 2023. Fidelity’s estimate would place the value of X at about $12.5bn.

I don’t know about flourishing 😂Not that I care.

It does remind of something someone said to me once…
“Do you know how to make a small fortune in the wine business? Answer: Start with a large one”