Wouxun KG-905G Now Available

BBOWL10

It would seem that BTWR has caught up on all their backorders and they seem to be getting new units in weekly. I would expect if you got your order in now it would likely ship when they receive their next lot.

Last night and this morning I believe it still said “In Stock”. That is a good sign. I don’t think their site shows that until all prior orders have been filled and there are extras to put on the shelf.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

On 6/27/2021 at 9:57 AM, bobojay said:

May have to send back as the volume turned all the way up is almost too low for me.

Either you are deaf, or you got a dud... Contact support and if it turns out that you arent deaf, they will send you a new radio.  Of course because these things are so popular you may have to wait a few weeks, which sucks, but they will take care of you.

I ordered mine and paid for it via PayPal even though it showed out of stock on BTWRs website. I figured if I waited to get notified when in stock they would be out of stock before I placed an order. I had to wait about two weeks.   Mine works better with a stock Baofeng antenna than it does with the one that comes with it. I also have a Nagoya 771G I use for tough areas to hit distant repeaters

On 6/24/2021 at 3:37 PM, BBOWL10 said:

Mine shipped today after waiting a couple of weeks. 

I received mine on Monday, 28 June. I ordered them when they were on backorder on 29 May, so I received them in just under four weeks. However, I am still waiting on my Wouxun KG-UV9G PRO, which I ordered from Better Safe Radio on 29 May.

BTWR processes the shipments in the order they were received.  So there's no benefit in waiting until the radio is back in stock.  (Except maybe that the credit card charge will happen a few days/weeks later.) 

My backordered 905g shipped about 3 days before BTWR reported being "in stock".  They then went out of stock about 48 hours later. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 9:57 AM, bobojay said:

Just got my 905G after waiting for 2 months on backorder.

May have to send back as the volume turned all the way up is almost too low for me.

I HAVE TWO KG-905G'S AND BOTH ARE VERY LOW WITH THE VOLUME UP ALL THE WAY UP COMPARED TO MY FOUR KG-805'S.  THE KG-905G VOLUME IS QUIET BUT THE DISPLAY AND OTHER FEATURES OUTWEIGH THAT.  JUST ORDERED ANOTHER THIS MORNING AND UPS HAS IT AS SHIPPING TO TODAY.  I'LL JUST HAVE TO TURN UP MY HEARING AIDS IF THE THIRD IS AS LOW VOLUME.

1 hour ago, TOM47 said:

I HAVE TWO KG-905G'S AND BOTH ARE VERY LOW WITH THE VOLUME UP ALL THE WAY UP COMPARED TO MY FOUR KG-805'S.  THE KG-905G VOLUME IS QUIET BUT THE DISPLAY AND OTHER FEATURES OUTWEIGH THAT.  JUST ORDERED ANOTHER THIS MORNING AND UPS HAS IT AS SHIPPING TO TODAY.  I'LL JUST HAVE TO TURN UP MY HEARING AIDS IF THE THIRD IS AS LOW VOLUME.

I see a pattern going on. I do not own the KG-905, but is it a commonality that the 905's volume in comparison with the 805 is less?

giphy-downsized.gif