Repeater Access

shellback91

I am new to GMRS and am working on setting up my HT. I found a couple of repeaters I want to program and they require permission to use. I submitted my request a few weeks ago but have not heard back. Is that normal or how does that usually work?  I do not want to program and use it without permission.

A few things may be going on... Mostly I found I had to email them directly by tracking them down... The make a request is weak and they do not respond.  Another issue is the are no longer active and you need to see if you hear traffic without the PL codes.  And lastly they may have offered their repeater to other "in the beginning" and now only keep it for their family and friends and did not remove it for the list of repeaters.  So let us know what you find out... I personally put my own repeater up as a private/family and few friends in neighborhood and did not list it...  

MacJack

Depending on the area you may never hear back from them. It appears folks think its cool to have repeaters and put them in the database and never seem to really have a reliable repeater and loose interest because of it. Your best bet is to listen and see if its really online. If it is then try above and see if you can get them.