Wouxun KG905G Mobile Set-Up Question

Roadrunner74

Question

9 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, Roadrunner74 said:

Is it possible to connect a KG-905G to a Nagoya NL-770G mobile antenna using the provided coax that comes with the magnetic base mount (Nagoya RB-MJPL) rather than use the antenna that comes on the 905G?

-RR

Should be no problem to find an appropriate so239 to sma(m or f) adapter. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/DHT-Electronics-Handheld-Antenna-Quasheng/dp/B00COKNKS8/

4 minutes ago, wayoverthere said:

Should be no problem to find an appropriate so239 to sma(m or f) adapter. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/DHT-Electronics-Handheld-Antenna-Quasheng/dp/B00COKNKS8/

WOT-

Your the man, thank you!... also... I think it was you that mentioned an amplifier of some sort in another thread we connected on that would increase the output of a HT from 5w to 40-50w??? Thanks again...

-RR

57 minutes ago, wayoverthere said:

Wot-

I actually did a little more research and think that when the time comes to upgrade my mobile power I'll just go with the Wouxun KG-1000G rather than purchase an amplifier for my HT...

-RR

25 minutes ago, Roadrunner74 said:

Wot-

I actually did a little more research and think that when the time comes to upgrade my mobile power I'll just go with the Wouxun KG-1000G rather than purchase an amplifier for my HT...

-RR

Good plan ? if we're being technical, none of the amps I've seen are approved for gmrs.

I've been fighting the temptation to do an amp for the ham side though; been running with a handheld+mag mount antenna for a bit, while the radio intended for the truck is doing base duty.

I didn't actually have luck receiving an adapter like the one linked (I think I tried "superbat" brand), though others have...mine got lost in the mail twice. Been using this cable instead, though most of my handhelds are sma-f, so this would need an additional adapter with the wouxun https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CPVF1GG/

have also used this adapter kit https://www.amazon.com/SMA-UHF-Connectors-Nickel-Plated-Converter/dp/B01MQNJVMT/

2 hours ago, Roadrunner74 said:

Is it possible to connect a KG-905G to a Nagoya NL-770G mobile antenna using the provided coax that comes with the magnetic base mount (Nagoya RB-MJPL) rather than use the antenna that comes on the 905G?

-RR

YES, HOWEVER THE UT-72G Nagoya UT-72G High Gain Magnet Mount GMRS Antenna (462-467 MHz) (buytwowayradios.com) IS A LITTLE SMALLER AND COMES WITH A SMA ADAPTER FOR THE KG-906G.  ALTHOUGH I ALSO HAVE THE KG-1000G WITH THAT NAGOYA 770G AND IT IS A PERFECT COMBINATION!

3 minutes ago, TOM47 said:

YES, HOWEVER THE UT-72G IS A LITTLE SMALLER AND COMES WITH A SMA ADAPTER FOR THE KG-906G.  ALTHOUGH I ALSO HAVE THE KG-1000G WITH THAT NAGOYA 770G AND IT IS A PERFECT COMBINATION!

TOM-

Yeah I think that's what I'll go with (KG-1000G and the 770G) when I am able to pull that financial trigger on the 1000G... in the meantime I'll just utilize my 905G as a HT and a mobile unit.

-RR

1 hour ago, Roadrunner74 said:

TOM-

Yeah I think that's what I'll go with (KG-1000G and the 770G) when I am able to pull that financial trigger on the 1000G... in the meantime I'll just utilize my 905G as a HT and a mobile unit.

-RR

THE THE UT-72G WILL DO MUCH BETTER THAN THE STOCK RUBBER DUCK  ALSO THE BATTERY ELIMINATOR Wouxun ELO-005 Battery Eliminator for KG-905G and KG-UV8H (buytwowayradios.com)

On 8/4/2021 at 11:04 AM, TOM47 said:

THE THE UT-72G WILL DO MUCH BETTER THAN THE STOCK RUBBER DUCK  ALSO THE BATTERY ELIMINATOR Wouxun ELO-005 Battery Eliminator for KG-905G and KG-UV8H (buytwowayradios.com)

TOM47-

Took your advice and ordered the UT-72G yesterday rather than the 770G... much better choice, thx.

-RR

1 hour ago, Roadrunner74 said:

TOM47-

Took your advice and ordered the UT-72G yesterday rather than the 770G... much better choice, thx.

-RR

IF INSTEAD IH THE BATTERY ELIMINATOR YOU COULD CARRY YOUR CHARGER BASE WITH EXXTRA BATTERY AND Wouxun Vehicle Charging Adapter (CCO-001) (buytwowayradios.com) FOR THE CHARGING BASE!