kENWOOD TK-805-D will not transmit anything but static

Stumptto

Question

I am in the process of programming three (3) tk805d's, It receives just like it is supposed to. When I try to transmit, the receive radio is receiving, but only static. . Any help will be much appreciated. On another not: I do not see anyway to set offset to be able to be a repeater using two (2) of these radios.

Thanks

JTL

3 answers to this question

Business band type radios like the Kenwood's do not use offsets. If you look at the radio programming software there are two entries for frequencies. One is strictly used for receiving and the other is just for transmitting.

For example you want to use a repeater the receive frequency would be 462.675 and the transmit frequency is 467.675.

There are two tones which you can use, separately, also for receiving and transmitting. The transmit tone is the "ENC" while the receive tone is "DEC". You don't have to use a receive tone. I never use them, just the transmit tone.  That way I don't care what tone the repeater transmits, I'll still hear it.

Thanks guys<,I wasn't thinking when I asked about offsets. I also took them in the next room and outside. I said static, but it is more like a blast of static, meaning when I key the mic I get a blast for just a moment and then nothing else. Is it a possibility that the TK805D is just overwhelming the receive radio? I have read about desensing I think it is called might be the culprit. It must be something like that. I can't believe all three radios  are bad. I will do some searching and see if that might be the culprit and maybe a way to fix. Any ideas from you guys would be appreciated

Thanks

JTL