Btech gmrsv1 repeater programming

Guest Bert

Hey all I am new to programing repeaters.

Can anyone walk me through programing a repeater on the gmrsv1, using the keypad, not chirp.

Wanting to program milwaukee 600 into the radii.

Thanks all!

I will caution that, unless they've updated it, the way the btech radios are locked down for gmrs is that you can only transmit on the preprogrammed set of 30 channels (1-22 simplex, 15-22 repeater), and anything you program beyond that is receive only.

I was banging my head on the wall trying to figure out why mine wasn't working when I discovered that limitation with my 50x1.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 9:20 AM, wayoverthere said:

I will caution that, unless they've updated it, the way the btech radios are locked down for gmrs is that you can only transmit on the preprogrammed set of 30 channels (1-22 simplex, 15-22 repeater), and anything you program beyond that is receive only.

I was banging my head on the wall trying to figure out why mine wasn't working when I discovered that limitation with my 50x1.

And subsequently, if you want to use a different repeater with different access tones, you must reprogram the channel and can't add a new one.

32 minutes ago, IanM said:

And subsequently, if you want to use a different repeater with different access tones, you must reprogram the channel and can't add a new one.

Yup, which is why the btech stays at home...mostly ch 16 is set for the near repeater, but a tone change and it's good to go for the far one.

Meanwhile, I grabbed another vx4207 for the truck, since I can cover both GMRS and 70cm  with that, replacing both the Midland and a ham HT. Great price, and I already have software, cable, and a ready made code plug for it.

On 9/8/2021 at 10:39 AM, Guest Bert said:

Hey all I am new to programing repeaters...

You know he's had since September 9th to acknowledge assistance and let us know if it helped or not.

My attitude is if he is not willing to take the effort to do that, then I am not giving him any more assistance, and moving on to the others that do!