Radioddity DB25-G QuadMonitoring Question

DanW

Question

How do you activate this function where you can monitor up to 4 channels at the same time?  I'm missing it somehow in the manual.  (I am not a fan of their manual, btw.)

I just installed this radio in my old Jeep and am trying to figure out how to configure it in different ways that I might like to use it.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, DanW said:

How do you activate this function where you can monitor up to 4 channels at the same time?  I'm missing it somehow in the manual.  (I am not a fan of their manual, btw.)

Looks like it's listed as option 0 in the menu, on pg 21 (reading it in pdf from radioddity's site). The menu item is called "TMR", and you tell it which ones you want to monitor (a, b, c, and/or d), and then used the abcd button to cycle through the 4 lines and set each one to the channels/frequencies you want to monitor. If I understand it right, it treats whichever one you have selected as the "Main". I tend to set a channel I might want to transmit on on main.

The setup and functionality seem similar to my btech 50x1, which makes sense because it the db25g looks to be based on the btech 25x2 and 25x4.

1 minute ago, wayoverthere said:

Looks like it's listed as option 0 in the menu, on pg 21 (reading it in pdf from radioddity's site). The menu item is called "TMR", and you tell it which ones you want to monitor (a, b, c, and/or d), and then used the abcd button to cycle through the 4 likes and set each one to the ones you want to monitor. If I understand it right, it treats whichever one you have selected as the "Main". I tend to set a channel I might want to transmit on on main.

The setup and functionality seem similar to my btech 50x1, which makes sense because it the db25g looks to be based on the btech 25x2 and 25x4.

Thank you!

One more quick question, and hopefully the radios are the same or similar in this way, too....When I'm seeing the 4 frequencies on the screen (not quadmonitoring, but just ABCD) when I'm on one channel, sometimes the others, B, C, or D, turn green (factory default settings for color).  What does that mean? Does it mean they are picking up transmissions while they are green?  I haven't seen enough of a pattern to clue me in on what exactly is happenign when they turn green while I'm monitoring another.  I've quickly switched over and heard nothing.

Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, DanW said:

Thank you!

One more quick question, and hopefully the radios are the same or similar in this way, too....When I'm seeing the 4 frequencies on the screen (not quadmonitoring, but just ABCD) when I'm on one channel, sometimes the others, B, C, or D, turn green (factory default settings for color).  What does that mean? Does it mean they are picking up transmissions while they are green?  I haven't seen enough of a pattern to clue me in on what exactly is happenign when they turn green while I'm monitoring another.  I've quickly switched over and heard nothing.

Thanks for the help!

That one, I'm not sure on. You may be right that it's getting some kind of signal. On mine, if I'm in dual/triple/quad watch, all 4 have a hollow arrow, and the one receiving a signal goes solid and a signal strength meter comes up at the bottom of the screen...it almost makes me think you might have the quad watch on, but it might just be slightly different firmware. If the multi watch is off, mine pays no attention to the other channels (just tested it, actually)

On 9/29/2021 at 8:25 PM, DanW said:

Thank you!

Thanks for the help!

I own the ham version, btech 25x4, and the colors do mean that the squelch broke on a given line (it did pick up something).  I bought my unit a few years ago, so my firmware likely has bugs as the color of a line does not return to red if the transmission goes away.  

Note, the radio won't go looking at the other channels if you're actively receiving on a given one.  Only when the one that it's tied up on goes away, will it then watch the other channels.

I just picked one up yesterday. The "green" channel looks to be the last channel(s) that were received. Hard to tell as there aren't many people transmitting. 

Update 10/25/21: Green means most recent RX on that line (s). I have seen up to 2 lines at a time turning green. 

If you then transmit on that channel and don't get an RX back, it turns to the color you set as default. 

Also, if you change the  channel on that line, the characters will also change back to your default color. 

I am quad monitoring though. I haven't tried it with monitoring off for all channels.