Received a Radioddity DB25

WROA675

Hey y'all, it's me again, yeah the new guy that feels like he's getting over his head with more gadgets ?.

Actually got the DB25 for my base unit, keeping the DB20 mobile in my rig (it was behaving nicely today, btw, you can see my update on that in the Technical forum ?"audio anomaly").

While you're there, I just posted a new question and seeking some assistance working through the programming section of the DB25, so feel free to input your comments, advise, and/or personal knowledge for me, if you're so inclined, it will be appreciated ?.

Update:

Went out today where I could test the unit and it didn't go well. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I could hear folks on through the repeater but they couldn't hear me. I switched over to the DB20 and they could hear me, therefore, there's something I'm missing. The manual is less than helpful and customer service really isn't either, right now.

So, if anyone has the DB25 and has time to chat about it and help me get it up and running, please message me and I'll send you my phone number. Thanks

Edited by Papatree
Update

My Sincere Apologies to you all for my bonehead goof-up!!!

Come to find out the DB25 come in different versions (i.e., Pro Dual band Quad, the D, and the G), the one I got was the Pro Band not the G, as in GMRS.

Gonna go sit in my corner now and reflect on may hasty purchase (cool bundle pack for $99) and the importance of being aware of the details.

6 hours ago, Papatree said:

My Sincere Apologies to you all for my bonehead goof-up!!!

Come to find out the DB25 come in different versions (i.e., Pro Dual band Quad, the D, and the G), the one I got was the Pro Band not the G, as in GMRS.

Gonna go sit in my corner now and reflect on may hasty purchase (cool bundle pack for $99) and the importance of being aware of the details.

Or, if you don't already have your ham ticket and were considering it, you're already set with a radio ?

4 hours ago, wayoverthere said:

Or, if you don't already have your ham ticket and were considering it, you're already set with a radio ?

Don't have a Ham license, maybe in the not-so-distance future. I'm in communications with Radioddity about my goof and will be returning the unit in exchange for the DB25-G.

5 hours ago, MichaelLAX said:

We all screw up something in the startup period! 

Thanks Michael. I understand we all make mistakes and the learning from those mistakes are key to cognitive growth. Yet, still licking my wounds from kicking myself so hard for such a obvious oversight on my part. I read your comments with Gadget Talk, btw, too funny.