Mobile antenna swap

WROA675

I won't say they don't, but I don't know of one. That base does look a little small to hold any decent length antenna though.  

That said, that silver antenna looks like a uhf mount, and diamond makes a nice mag mount one with rg8x coax (most are just rg58).

https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dmn-spm35

(I have the nmo version of the mount...is rg8x overkill at the lengths used for mobile? Perhaps. I was running a ht through it, so I wanted as little loss as I could get)

12 hours ago, Papatree said:

Do they make a adapter for this or do I need to get another mag mount?20211007_075148.thumb.jpg.6eb5a92e2ccc37daaf79a24c4f7b281a.jpg

The mag mount in the picture looks quite small compared to the antenna. I'm guessing the mount is about 3" diameter, and the antenna is about an inch. I wouldn't expect that mount to work well if there were an adapter available. I wouldn't bother even looking for an adapter, and would just go with a different mount. I'd recommend at least a 4" mount, and if the antenna's more than three feet tall, perhaps even bigger, like a triple-magnet mount.

Here's a 4.5" magnet mount that claims to support antennas up to four feet long.

https://www.gigaparts.com/comet-antennas-cm-5m.html

Here's a triple-magnet mount:

https://www.gigaparts.com/mfj-336s.html

There are a lot of options, but I would recommend shopping around as mounts can vary greatly in price. You might want to avoid the cheapest ones, as they may have quality issues, but you could probably get by well with a middle of the road mount.

33 minutes ago, WyoJoe said:

There are a lot of options, but I would recommend shopping around as mounts can vary greatly in price.

Yep, lot's of options. As for this one, the larger antenna is being returned as a part of a "bundle deal" where I thought I was getting a DB25-G, but in fact it is the DB25 Pro (Dual band Quad- standby mini mobile radio w/ 50 watt antenna), in which I have no use for, and so at least I don't have that to worry about anymore...too many options sometimes. I'll need to pay closer attention to the little details and slow my roll.

On a brighter note, I'm sure my tiny Bingfu is happy it's not being replaced ? 

I was thinking "no way" but then I accidentallyfound what looks like the adapter you need on Amazon.  The link is too long so here is the exact title on amazon.  If you copy and past the title into the search bar you should find it.

Mcbazel Surecom S216 3/8'-24 to SO239 Heavy Duty Stud Antenna Mount Adaptor

I think you will need to chech your SWR because the adapter may affect it.

Vince