What is the latest AT-779UV firmware version? (split CTCSS tone not working)

Dave805

Question

I just picked up an Anytone AT-779UV and found it doesn't correctly handle a split CTCSS tone, even though the programming software will let you program one, and the radio itself will display the different CTCSS tone value for TX and RX. My FW version display is 2.30.

I don't see any FW updates on the Anytone website.  Anyone know what the latest FW version is for this radio and if it solves the split PL tone issue? 

Thanks

Edit: I see this radio is sold by Retevis and Radioddity also.  Would be interested in hearing from others if those radios have the same bug.  The TX CTCSS setting works okay,  but if the RX value is different, the squelch won't open.  If I hit the MON button, I can hear the repeater so I know I'm getting in.

Edited by Dave805
more detail

The latest CPS is Ver 2.01. The newest AT779 UV that I just received (!/5/24) is Ver 3.0. I had a radio with version 2.65. I had that decode issue with version 2.65. That is why after conversation with tech i bought a new AT779UV.  Manufacturers rep told me that Ver 3.0 firmware will not work with older radios as newest version of AT779UV has hardware changes. 

On 10/19/2021 at 9:20 AM, MichaelLAX said:

Here is a more specific definition of the options of SINGALS (perhaps misspelled SIGNALS) from a different AnyTone radio:

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 9.18.38 AM.png

On our radio, the default is SQ

I know it is not intuitive, but it seems that SQ will solve your problem.

Here is the odd part about this. Neither the current radio version 3.0 or the newest version od CPS 2.01 have all of those options. I have only SQ or CTCSS/DCS in both radio menu or pull down menu in CPS.

1 minute ago, WRXT271 said:

Here is the odd part about this. Neither the current radio version 3.0 or the newest version od CPS 2.01 have all of those options. I have only SQ or CTCSS/DCS in both radio menu or pull down menu in CPS.

A lot can change in two plus years. 

On 10/15/2021 at 5:14 PM, Dave805 said:

I just picked up an Anytone AT-779UV and found it doesn't correctly handle a split CTCSS tone, even though the programming software will let you program one, and the radio itself will display the different CTCSS tone value for TX and RX. My FW version display is 2.30.

I don't see any FW updates on the Anytone website.  Anyone know what the latest FW version is for this radio and if it solves the split PL tone issue? 

Thanks

Edit: I see this radio is sold by Retevis and Radioddity also.  Would be interested in hearing from others if those radios have the same bug.  The TX CTCSS setting works okay,  but if the RX value is different, the squelch won't open.  If I hit the MON button, I can hear the repeater so I know I'm getting in.

The latest CPS is Ver 2.01. The newest AT779 UV that I just received (!/5/24) is Ver 3.0. I had a radio with version 2.65. I had that decode issue with version 2.65. That is why after conversation with tech i bought a new AT779UV.  Manufacturers rep told me that Ver 3.0 firmware will not work with older radios as newest version of AT779UV has hardware changes.