Radioddity GM-30 menu beep

dirkvan

Question

My GM-30 has an extremely annoying beep with every button press.  Menu item 7 appears to disable it.  I have it set to off and the beep goeas away, UNTIL I change channels or turn the radio off and on again.  The menu setting still says OFF but the beep is back!  Anyone have any luck gettting the stupid beep to go away once and for all?

7 answers to this question

54 minutes ago, dirkvan said:

The menu setting still says OFF but the beep is back! 

Same...mine is more random, usually if I change another setting (i.e., roger beep, syn, etc.) then the beep turns itself back on but shows it's off in the menu setting.

Try MichaelLAX's suggestion and let us know the outcome...I may need to do that as well, however, the beeps don't really bother me.

On 11/18/2021 at 12:11 PM, dirkvan said:

I guess I'll live with it :)

I guess you did instead of answering my questions.

But JFTHOI: I went to my grandson's to toy with my Radioddity GM-30 clone, the Pofung P15UV, which I upgraded with the Radioddity firmware 20210615 (tip courtesy of @WyoJoe) and the beep stays off once I turn it off with the keypad menu, even after I power it off and back on again.

It really is much more enjoyable WITHOUT that darn keypad beep!

13 hours ago, MichaelLAX said:

I guess you did instead of answering my questions.

But JFTHOI: I went to my grandson's to toy with my Radioddity GM-30 clone, the Pofung P15UV, which I upgraded with the Radioddity firmware 20210615 (tip courtesy of @WyoJoe) and the beep stays off once I turn it off with the keypad menu, even after I power it off and back on again.

It really is much more enjoyable WITHOUT that darn keypad beep!

Didn't see your questions.  I'm running firmware version V06.03.006  (20210615).  There is no controlling the beep! It comes and goes so randomly.