Setting up Yaesu FT-1807

anilram73

Question

Wanted to find if anyone can help me setup a FT-1807 to communicate through a repeater. Repeater DCS numbers are 271 and 73(if I want to just hear filtered traffic)

From what I know. it can only be setup with single DCS code. So, I am able to set the DCS code to 271 or 73 in order to listen in or talk to it. 

Is there anyway, I can set it to talk to it using DCS, but listen in as Simplex(will have to live with all traffic on that frequency)

I do have the programming cable and the Windows software to interface to the unit. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

"As built none of the amateur Yaesu radios will transmit out of band, e.g. they can receive GMRS but the firmware locks you out from trying to transmit. Yaesu has been building amateur radios for a really long time, zero worries about their quality."

As of right now it would appear that you are unable to transmit on any GMRS Frequency with this radio, however, you are free to listen to any/all GMRS channels/frequencies.  If you are interested in transmitting/talking on GMRS channels/frequencies, you might want to consider acquiring an inexpensive GMRS Walkie Talkie.  There are a number of great options out there for very reasonable prices.  Go to Amazon and search for GMRS Radios from Retevis, Radioddity, Baofeng, and Wouxun.  You'll find an array of worthy transceivers for varying prices.  Good luck !

On 1/22/2022 at 5:10 AM, SemperFiGuy said:

"As built none of the amateur Yaesu radios will transmit out of band, e.g. they can receive GMRS but the firmware locks you out from trying to transmit. Yaesu has been building amateur radios for a really long time, zero worries about their quality."

As of right now it would appear that you are unable to transmit on any GMRS Frequency with this radio, however, you are free to listen to any/all GMRS channels/frequencies.  If you are interested in transmitting/talking on GMRS channels/frequencies, you might want to consider acquiring an inexpensive GMRS Walkie Talkie.  There are a number of great options out there for very reasonable prices.  Go to Amazon and search for GMRS Radios from Retevis, Radioddity, Baofeng, and Wouxun.  You'll find an array of worthy transceivers for varying prices.  Good luck !

Thanks. Was hoping to use this old unit till I get my hands on a newer one. Soo much to choose from. :) It more of a want and need on my side.