Kg935g

WROZ286

I've been happy with all of my Wouxun radios, but I have to agree with OffRoaderX KG935G is my favorite GMRS handheld.  Knobs are right balance between loose and stiff, display is customizable and easy to read.  The dual frequency monitoring with ability to program a secondary transmit button is very helpful.  The menu system and programming are my favorites among the Wouxun HT models.  Hope you enjoy!

I really like this radio. It has performed above and beyond my expectations. Why does it scan funny from time to time on band A  (top) it is not the priority scan.  The chanel number won't  match the chanel being scaned and it will stop randomly and listen to a channel un squelched and continue scanning. After reviewing the settings and making sure everything is correct the only way I have found to stop the funny scan on band A is reset the radio and then it will work fine for a little while

As a fellow KG-935G owners and for future owners.... I use the following to program this radio.  I found the free software from MFG does not cut it like cut and paste and host of other features....  You can purchase form the following:

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/rt-systems-rps-kg935g.html

https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/KG-935G_c_2138.html

Just so you know RT System has done other Wouxun radios of which I had software for another Wouxun Ham radio.  So I asked them if they where going to do a 935 software.... they said yes but have not ordered a radio yet... I said I will send my 935 to use so you can make the software which is like the other sister Wouxun radio...  They accepted the offer and returned the 935.  I ordered the software and all works well.  Get it.  

Hope this helps you.....  I wishing they will do it in Mac OS as I have an old XP pc to run it.  This is for what it is worth.

51 minutes ago, MacJack said:

As a fellow KG-935G owners and for future owners.... I use the following to program this radio.  I found the free software from MFG does not cut it like cut and paste and host of other features....  You can purchase form the following:

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/rt-systems-rps-kg935g.html

https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/KG-935G_c_2138.html

Just so you know RT System has done other Wouxun radios of which I had software for another Wouxun Ham radio.  So I asked them if they where going to do a 935 software.... they said yes but have not ordered a radio yet... I said I will send my 935 to use so you can make the software which is like the other sister Wouxun radio...  They accepted the offer and returned the 935.  I ordered the software and all works well.  Get it.  

Hope this helps you.....  I wishing they will do it in Mac OS as I have an old XP pc to run it.  This is for what it is worth.

Can you copy/paste between the different radio programming software? Or can you just copy/paste in the one file? I have a few wouxuns and having to retype everything for every radio gets old fast. 

• 2 months later...

Just got mine last week.  Yesterday I reached a repeater in the N GA Mountains about 69 miles away.  Signal was a little broken up but it made it that far.  I normally talk on repeaters 20 or 35 miles away.  I was pleasantly surprised to reach that far considering all the trees around me.

• 5 weeks later...

My biggest worry would be parasitic coupling to the roll cage (I'm presuming there is a metal tube under that fabric?). I probably try for a spot a few inches further back (over the taillight itself, say). It was less of a problem with CB antennas (I'm not "up" on Wrangler series features -- is that I'm guessing that black disk is fuel filler? and not a blank mount point for CB); A fiberglass 1/4-wave CB antenna runs ~8 feet, so much of it would be above the roof-line (and no doubt the pendulum flexing itself played hob with SWR).

• 2 weeks later...