Jump to content

Kg935g


WROZ286
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been happy with all of my Wouxun radios, but I have to agree with OffRoaderX KG935G is my favorite GMRS handheld.  Knobs are right balance between loose and stiff, display is customizable and easy to read.  The dual frequency monitoring with ability to program a secondary transmit button is very helpful.  The menu system and programming are my favorites among the Wouxun HT models.  Hope you enjoy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like this radio. It has performed above and beyond my expectations. Why does it scan funny from time to time on band A  (top) it is not the priority scan.  The chanel number won't  match the chanel being scaned and it will stop randomly and listen to a channel un squelched and continue scanning. After reviewing the settings and making sure everything is correct the only way I have found to stop the funny scan on band A is reset the radio and then it will work fine for a little while

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a fellow KG-935G owners and for future owners.... I use the following to program this radio.  I found the free software from MFG does not cut it like cut and paste and host of other features....  You can purchase form the following:

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/rt-systems-rps-kg935g.html

https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/KG-935G_c_2138.html

Just so you know RT System has done other Wouxun radios of which I had software for another Wouxun Ham radio.  So I asked them if they where going to do a 935 software.... they said yes but have not ordered a radio yet... I said I will send my 935 to use so you can make the software which is like the other sister Wouxun radio...  They accepted the offer and returned the 935.  I ordered the software and all works well.  Get it.  

Hope this helps you.....  I wishing they will do it in Mac OS as I have an old XP pc to run it.  This is for what it is worth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, MacJack said:

As a fellow KG-935G owners and for future owners.... I use the following to program this radio.  I found the free software from MFG does not cut it like cut and paste and host of other features....  You can purchase form the following:

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/rt-systems-rps-kg935g.html

https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/KG-935G_c_2138.html

Just so you know RT System has done other Wouxun radios of which I had software for another Wouxun Ham radio.  So I asked them if they where going to do a 935 software.... they said yes but have not ordered a radio yet... I said I will send my 935 to use so you can make the software which is like the other sister Wouxun radio...  They accepted the offer and returned the 935.  I ordered the software and all works well.  Get it.  

Hope this helps you.....  I wishing they will do it in Mac OS as I have an old XP pc to run it.  This is for what it is worth.

Can you copy/paste between the different radio programming software? Or can you just copy/paste in the one file? I have a few wouxuns and having to retype everything for every radio gets old fast. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Just got mine last week.  Yesterday I reached a repeater in the N GA Mountains about 69 miles away.  Signal was a little broken up but it made it that far.  I normally talk on repeaters 20 or 35 miles away.  I was pleasantly surprised to reach that far considering all the trees around me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, WRHS218 said:

I have the 935G and use it with a cup holder mount and external antenna in my wife's Honda. It works well. That looks like a good set up you have there.

While not the most ideal spot for the antenna, this is where it is located on the Jeep. 

20220824_143356.thumb.jpg.61c08816df90a7163d03e126ef6892da.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My biggest worry would be parasitic coupling to the roll cage (I'm presuming there is a metal tube under that fabric?). I probably try for a spot a few inches further back (over the taillight itself, say). It was less of a problem with CB antennas (I'm not "up" on Wrangler series features -- is that I'm guessing that black disk is fuel filler? and not a blank mount point for CB); A fiberglass 1/4-wave CB antenna runs ~8 feet, so much of it would be above the roof-line (and no doubt the pendulum flexing itself played hob with SWR).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2022 at 2:30 PM, WRHS218 said:

I have the 935G and use it with a cup holder mount and external antenna in my wife's Honda. It works well. That looks like a good set up you have there.

Where can I find one of those cup holder mounts for the 935G?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2022 at 6:55 AM, WRUK478 said:

Where can I find one of those cup holder mounts for the 935G?

RAM Stubby cupholder mount I got on fleabag. 

RAM Universal Cradle for Devices with Belt Clips I got from mypilotstore dot com. 

 

Sorry it took so long to get the pictures. Wish I had a cool excuse. I just forgot.

20220911_173106.jpg

20220911_173035.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines.