Setting up my GMRS repeater channel this weekend

WRMN374

I now have the equipment to setup a repeater, except for my tower. However, I was gonna use a Nagoya UT-72G for a month or 2 until I get tower up. How soon can I add repeater channel to mygmrs, and can I update repeater after I have tower up?

The only problem with listing them is really getting a repeater on the air. There are tons of repeaters on the list that have never went on the air. I'm all for adding if your seriously adding one, but if you dont have equipment or plans I'd wait. Too many people look at the repeater map and program a radio to use a repeater that's not there. With that said there are guys who spend alot on getting a repeater online and they do follow thru with the work. Dont want folks to think everyone lists and doesn't do the work. 

3 hours ago, gortex2 said:

The only problem with listing them is really getting a repeater on the air. There are tons of repeaters on the list that have never went on the air. I'm all for adding if your seriously adding one, but if you dont have equipment or plans I'd wait. Too many people look at the repeater map and program a radio to use a repeater that's not there. With that said there are guys who spend alot on getting a repeater online and they do follow thru with the work. Dont want folks to think everyone lists and doesn't do the work. 

That’s my thought as well. If you’ve never put up a repeater, don’t list it prematurely; you don’t know what you don’t know. If you have done a half dozen successfully, go ahead and list it.