Dave Gardner / WRQW247

WRQW247

Question

New to GMRS and this website.  Used the mygmrs.com website to look at local repeaters. Based upon screenshot attached, is permission/approval required to access the repeater site noted?

I'm also a little confused regarding the "sign In to View" note regarding tones associated to this repeater site.

Any guidance is appreciated.

VR, DG

image.thumb.png.c2c3bdd529c2732dfb138fafb3112851.png

6 answers to this question

I need to determine/understand when I am in the "forum" and within the mygmrs website.

I'm guessing ("SWAG"ing  perhaps) that the mygmrs website is the database/site information aspect, while the forum allows people to search/review threads regarding different topics related to GMRS.

The learning curve is still pretty much horizonal.

DG

1 hour ago, WRQW247 said:

I need to determine/understand when I am in the "forum" and within the mygmrs website.

I'm guessing ("SWAG"ing  perhaps) that the mygmrs website is the database/site information aspect, while the forum allows people to search/review threads regarding different topics related to GMRS.

The learning curve is still pretty much horizonal.

DG

Probably the biggest flag I see for which part of the site you're in is the three lines at the top that open the menu; for the forum (forums.mygmrs.com) that's in the top right corner, while most of the rest of the site (mygmrs.com) that menu button is in the top left. While the login is now the same for both (they were separate logins in the past), the cookies don't carry over well between the two.

I find myself having to re-login to the main page for repeater listings most times I use them, which are pretty sporadic. Mostly I'll just be on the main forums page.