ULS geographical search of GMRS licenses?

WRQU355

Question

5 answers to this question

22 hours ago, WRQU355 said:

Except when using a radius it always return zero results.

I get the same issue. I think I have had it with Ham licenses also, especially the HV code ham licenses. Doesnt seem to be a way around it. If there is, I would love to know. The closest I have ever been able to get it is down to the state level.

It's because GMRS licenses are tied to an individual, not to a location. You could be a GMRS License holder in one state, and then have a repeater located in another state, and the FCC would have no idea where your repeater is located.

You could also be the License holder, and your sister who lives 2 states away could be the actual user, or her kids. There's sometimes little correlation between the License, the user, and the location with GMRS.

If you do want to find out who your local GMRS peeps might be, then yeah just search for ZA within your town/zipcode. Please realize that many of the License names listed might not be actively using GMRS radios, and would probably rather NOT be contacted.