DTCS Code & Rx DTCS Code

Luish19779

Question

15 answers to this question

In your image, you have the RX and TX tones set to 23, so I'm not understanding how you're even hitting it.. 

The only setting that would affect YOUR modulation is the bandwidth, so make sure the radio is set to WIDEBand.

If you are receiving no audio from the repeater, then replacing the incorrect tone of 23 with the correct tone of 84.5 would help so give that a try.

I dont normally program from the properties like that. I programed a channel into my radio using the freq and rx tx code. 

if i open up the memory properties mine looks like this. 

Frequency: 462.625

Name: RPT18

Tone Mode: Cross

Tone: 229.1

ToneSql: 85.4

Tone Mode: Tone->Tone

DTCS Tone: 23

Rx DTCS Tone: 23

DTCS Pol: NN

Duplex: +

Offset: 5.000000

Mode: FM

Skip:

Power: High

17 hours ago, Luish19779 said:

Hi everyone. 
I just want to know if I have to change this 2 Code from 23? I got some problem when I hit the repeater. 
Thanks

1C4A09CE-DA5C-48EB-856A-9B09AB6857AC.jpeg

I'd be concerned at having a "cross mode" specified, but that may just be how CHIRP shows it.

The key criteria is "Tone Mode". The displayed window (I've never used the "property" page, just edited in line on the spreadsheet layout) shows you have "TONE" selected. That choice means you are SENDING a CTCSS tone, but do not expect one on receive. If you need a receive tone, the mode needs to be TSQL. DTCS entries are ignored. "Tone Mode" of DTCS would mean the DTCS entries are active, and the tone/tonesql entries are ignored.

1 hour ago, Luish19779 said:

This setting #41, is right o I have to change it?

19B3EF17-C94E-4882-8847-9436FC682C3F.jpeg

That looks to be the Tone-Burst setting (menu #40 on my BTech units). I don't know of any GMRS system that requires tone-burst (and don't even know of a US Amateur repeater that uses it).

Tone Burst is common in the UK and likely the rest of Europe on Amateur repeaters (they don't have GMRS services).

To "wake up" a repeater, one has to first send (often using a dedicated button on the radio) a few seconds of the required tone-burst (1750 seemed to be the value used for most UK repeaters). After the repeater is awake, regular PTT activity keeps it alive. After a pause (no PTT) of a few minutes, the repeater goes back to sleep.

On the BTech, the tone-burst is sent using [F]+[PTT]