Wouxun Firmware update suggestion??

WRTJ860

Question

Iam quite new to GMRS, but i feel I'm learning and slowly getting out there. When I was doing the YouTube thing while looking for a radio I found, OffRoaderX "NotaRubicon" 

I was watching him do a review on a Baofeng UV9R, I believe, and he made some suggestions to them about upgrades to the radio for their following run of radios, and they took his advice. My Question is do you think Wouxun would be just as open suggestion as Baofeng was?

7 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, WRTJ860 said:

Iam quite new to GMRS, but i feel I'm learning and slowly getting out there. When I was doing the YouTube thing while looking for a radio I found, OffRoaderX "NotaRubicon" 

I was watching him do a review on a Baofeng UV9R, I believe, and he made some suggestions to them about upgrades to the radio for their following run of radios, and they took his advice. My Question is do you think Wouxun would be just as open suggestion as Baofeng was?

Welcome!  

Randy (NotaRubicon) is on here under the name of @OffRoaderX.  

Steve

1. While in Scan Group Say Scan A - Group2 i have 20 Channels, I'd like to just be able to manually go through those channels without going into other channels in my list.

2. would like to be able to add a new channel between two existing channels as to add to or form part of a group. 

3. While in Single Band at the bottom of the screen where it says KG-935G id like the ability to add the time and date there.

On 10/24/2022 at 10:57 AM, OffRoaderX said:

Wouxun does (and has) fixed things that were 'wrong' on their radios that I have pointed out - but as far as just "suggestions", I'm not sure I've actually suggested any to them.

would like to be able to add a new channel between two existing channels as to add to or form part of a group when programing.

1 hour ago, WRTJ860 said:

would like to be able to add a new channel between two existing channels as to add to or form part of a group when programing.

You can use CHIRP (it now supports the 935G) to edit the channels, it has the ability to insert and delete rows (channels) and move all existing channels up or down. It works great for channel management but doesn't offer all the options the Wouxun software does. So I use both.

i wont go near chirp ever again, thats why i got rid of my UV8HP and went to a KG935G. Chirp crashed my PC and couldn't get ALOT of stuff back.

@OffRoaderXcan you help with Wouxun and these few issues, im sure can be taken care of with firmware updates?

more space to type the city name

add a channel between a channel (channel management comp to chirp)