DB20G / AT-779UV microphone pin out for use with SM01 desk microphone

WRPH745

Question

Good evening,

I trying to figure out if the SM01/FP01 desk mic and foot pedal are compatible with my DB20G / AT-779UV.
I have the pin out diagram for the SM01 but I can not find the microphone pin out for the DB20G / AT-779UV.

Does anyone have the pin out diagram for the DB20G / AT-779UV?

Thanks

Robert

21 answers to this question

Michael,

I haven't bought it yet.  This is what I am looking at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BFGPK8GM/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=AJFR970E0U757&psc=1

Since both have RJ45 I assumed I would have to go that way.  The problem is without knowing the pin out of the DB20G I don't know if a straight through cable will work or whether I will have to make an custom cable, and what the wiring of the custom cable would be.

I did  contact Radioddity support and they sent me the a dimensional diagram with no no pinouts and I emailed them back and  so far no answer

Thanks for your assistance.

Sm01.gif

I'd be mildly surprised if a straight through cable would work.

I sent out a comment to a YouTuber who discusses an extension cord to this model using of course a male/female RJ-45 cable.  Perhaps he has gone into the radio and determined the pin-out as well.

Here is some Miklor tech data for microphone and USB cable pin-outs, but the AT-779UV is specifically mentioned here; although Miklor does separately review that model:

https://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Technical.php#spkrmic

What is the source of that cable pinout you posted? That's the SM01?

Hopefully Radioddity will be more helpful.

Steve:

Following the colored wires coming out of your Mic; here is the other end of the cable:

IMG_4744.jpgAnd you clearly can see Red, Brown, Yellow from the top end and...

I think it is two spaces then White and then a space and then Grey; leaving Black out, or am I missing Black?

That could be a braid just before White and perhaps Black is stripped to just leave the braid connected.

Now compare that to the Ailunce pin-out and it looks like they could match, depending upon polarity of up/down.

1 hour ago, MichaelLAX said:

Steve:

Following the colored wires coming out of your Mic; here is the other end of the cable:

IMG_4744.jpgAnd you clearly can see Red, Brown, Yellow from the top end and...

I think it is two spaces then White and then a space and then Grey; leaving Black out, or am I missing Black?

That could be a braid just before White and perhaps Black is stripped to just leave the braid connected.

Now compare that to the Ailunce pin-out and it looks like they could match, depending upon polarity of up/down

Looking end-on, I think it's one space after yellow, then the black...it's hard to tell though.

5 minutes ago, WRPH745 said:

I just realized something tonight.  The Retevis RA25 is the same hardware as the DB20G / AT-779UV.  I just sent an email to Retevis tech support if the radio and microphone are compatible since the carry both.  I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks again to both of you for your help.

Based on the markings on the PCB in the microphone housing it would appear that the hardware Anytone is the OEM. 

4 hours ago, WRPH745 said:

I just realized something tonight.  The Retevis RA25 is the same hardware as the DB20G / AT-779UV.

Except that in my experimentation, the Retevis Ra-25 codeplug software will not accept code plugs for the Anytone/Radioddity.

4 hours ago, WRPH745 said:

I just sent an email to Retevis tech support if the radio and microphone are compatible since the carry both.

Of course: Good thinking! 

I finally found a pin-out for the radio. https://www.project-ats.com/connecting-to-anytone-at-779uv/

Please remember that the colors of the wires might vary, but the PIN order here is correct. As always, if in doubt you should use a multimeter to measure. The pin out is as follows, going from right to left;

1. Red (ground)
  2. Black
  3. Yellow (positive mic)
  4. Green
  5. Uninsulated (ground mic)
  6. White
  7. Blue (5V positive out)
  8. Grey (PTT control)

Retevis  said the SM01 was incompatible but I wonder if it would be if I made a made a custom cable.  I am thinking the incompatibility is the cable not the mic itself.

I do have one question. The radio has a ground and a mic ground and the SM01 has a ground.  Which grounds would one connect?  Should the SM01 ground be connected to the ground or the mic ground of the radio?

Thanks

2 hours ago, WRPH745 said:

I finally found a pin-out for the radio. https://www.project-ats.com/connecting-to-anytone-at-779uv/

Retevis  said the SM01 was incompatible but I wonder if it would be if I made a made a custom cable.  I am thinking the incompatibility is the cable not the mic itself.

I do have one question. The radio has a ground and a mic ground and the SM01 has a ground.  Which grounds would one connect?  Should the SM01 ground be connected to the ground or the mic ground of the radio?

Thanks

Use an ohmmeter to see if the mic ground has connectivity to the radio ground. If it does then it doesn’t really matter. 
If not, then connect the mic ground to the SM01 ground. 

I received the SM-01 microphone and foot pedal yesterday.  I did have to rewire one connection.  The PPT connection was different between the microphone and the radio.  The other 3 connections were the same.  One thing to note you have to do ground wire to ground wire and not worry about the mic ground for it to work.

To fix the PPT connection you have to wire the orange striped wire that connects to the radio to the brown stripe wire that connects on the microphone assuming you are using a T568B coded Ethernet cable.  Of course you could just cut off an end and reconnect an end with moving the PPT to the correct spot and crimp on a new end.  I didn't have any RJ45 connectors on hand so I did a splice in the middle.

I tried the microphone out today and people said it sounded fine.  The downside is you lose all controls on the microphone but if you need to be hands free it is a nice trade off.

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions.