Linking Node to the 177 hub

briancs

Question

Running into issues with getting my node linked to a hub. I have entered the command on my end and here is what happens.

root@alarmpiNBothell ~]#  Sudo asterisk -rx "opt fun 25312*3177"

Response:

Usage: apt fun <nodename> <command>

Send a DTMF function to a nod

root@alarmpiNBothell ~]#

Any Ideas would be a great help

Thanks in advance

Brian

9 answers to this question

OK, first off, does the node show up on the map?  If you are not showing up on the map, chances are your node isn't recognized in the system and will not attach.

I just tried that same command on my node after disconnecting,  I got nothing.  Said that apt isn't a known command.  SO I am at a loss here.

Hi, yes my node is up and running and can be seen on the map. If you look at the map, Seattle area it's the north Bothell repeater. It is also showing keyups so I am pretty sure that its at least talking to the MYGMRS side of things. 

There is another repeater just down the road from me and that owner confirmed the command worked for them and it does show that repeater is now linked to the 177 hub.

Even rebuilt the PI image on a new SD, that made no difference. 

Thanks for the response totally appreciate it.

1 hour ago, WRKC935 said:

OK, first off, does the node show up on the map?  If you are not showing up on the map, chances are your node isn't recognized in the system and will not attach.

I just tried that same command on my node after disconnecting,  I got nothing.  Said that apt isn't a known command.  SO I am at a loss here.

Response:

root@alarmpiNBothell ~]#

One is “opt fun” and the other is “apt fun”. I suspect they both should be one or the other and a typo happened.

opt is an optimizer and apt is advanced package tool.

I suspect “apt” is the correct spelling  

1 hour ago, Sshannon said:

Response:

root@alarmpiNBothell ~]#

One is “opt fun” and the other is “apt fun”. I suspect they both should be one or the other and a typo happened.

opt is an optimizer and apt is advanced package tool.

I suspect “apt” is the correct spelling  

Sorry that was my mistake, it should be rpt fun 25312*3177

That is what I am entering anyway.

OK, first issue. The *   Don't put that in.

However, I tried every different combination, added # at the beginning, tried other possibilities and it didn't work for me at all.

Now, it does say node name.  I would verify what that is on your node.  Your's looks like alarmpiBothell and not the node number.

I would be looking to see if your node name is different.

I also question the node name in general.  This system has node-****** for node names.  And a specific login ( not root) if you use the correct image for THIS SYSTEM.  alarmpi is a hamVoIP name used in there default config that may well need changed, and if it exists elsewhere on the system, you are really gonna be out of luck.  The system has it's own DNS servers that point the nodes at each other and is managed elsewhere.  So you may just not even be on the system to begin with.

Did you get a registration email with a node number and password from the system admin or are you just flying solo figuring it's hamVoIP and shouldn't be that hard to setup to begin with. 

There is a reason that there is a SPECIFIC image used for this system.  HamVoIP uses their servers to route the nodes on the ham system to each other or you can connect nodes together in a private or semi-private network and basically do your own thing.  GMRS is 'doing it's own thing" with it and is NOT part of that system.  And as such there are specific configurations that need to be applied to an image that is not sourced from the system here.

@briancs give this format at try:

asterisk -rx "rpt fun 25312 *3177" 

You should be able to copy and paste the above, just be sure the " 's come in as the proper " 's and not some strange UTF-8 replacements.

The 25312 node can be seen on the mygmrs network page and it's uptime, so it's connected into the network.

Just now, wrtq652 said:

@briancs give this format at try:

asterisk -rx "rpt fun 25312 *3177" 

You should be able to copy and paste the above, just be sure the " 's come in as the proper " 's and not some strange UTF-8 replacements.

The 25312 node can be seen on the mygmrs network page and it's uptime, so it's connected into the network.

(*as root of course, it looks like you're already sudoed as root from your first post)

15 hours ago, WRKC935 said:

OK, first issue. The *   Don't put that in.

However, I tried every different combination, added # at the beginning, tried other possibilities and it didn't work for me at all.

Now, it does say node name.  I would verify what that is on your node.  Your's looks like alarmpiBothell and not the node number.

I would be looking to see if your node name is different.

I also question the node name in general.  This system has node-****** for node names.  And a specific login ( not root) if you use the correct image for THIS SYSTEM.  alarmpi is a hamVoIP name used in there default config that may well need changed, and if it exists elsewhere on the system, you are really gonna be out of luck.  The system has it's own DNS servers that point the nodes at each other and is managed elsewhere.  So you may just not even be on the system to begin with.

Did you get a registration email with a node number and password from the system admin or are you just flying solo figuring it's hamVoIP and shouldn't be that hard to setup to begin with. 

There is a reason that there is a SPECIFIC image used for this system.  HamVoIP uses their servers to route the nodes on the ham system to each other or you can connect nodes together in a private or semi-private network and basically do your own thing.  GMRS is 'doing it's own thing" with it and is NOT part of that system.  And as such there are specific configurations that need to be applied to an image that is not sourced from the system here.

Thanks and point taken about the different images. I just had a few Pi4 devices laying around and wanted to see if I could get it working using the HamVoip as it seems others have had luck with it. Given current pricing on Pi3b device it was worth the try.

Yes its all registered and it shows up on the map with the stats so I believe its connected to the network.

Thanks again for the help