MURS Mystery Noise

WRVG593

Off Topic of GMRS, but not radios! This is about the MURS Band!

Hey there! So i am an owner of multiple radios, some GMRS and some MURS, and a HAM Radio (No License for ham, just listening). I was flipping through MURS Channels (I have programmed into a radio specifically to find frequencies being used) and came across MURS4 Being Used (154.570, AKA BlueDot, Previously Business Band but now grandfathered in to any citizen can use it) and when I decided to Key on it, I received a tone similar to a tail on GMRS Repeaters, but then was surprised when My voice was repeated back to me. It was not a one time thing, and will happen continuously. I have yet to find anything on it while researching it, and figured i would try here. Thanks for all help!

WRVG593

P.S 

If it helps i'm in SouthWestern Ohio, in suburbs, somewhat near a city. Although i don't see any way MURS could ever reach the city. 

On 12/19/2022 at 3:21 PM, WRVG593 said:

Off Topic of GMRS, but not radios! This is about the MURS Band!

Hey there! So i am an owner of multiple radios, some GMRS and some MURS, and a HAM Radio (No License for ham, just listening). I was flipping through MURS Channels (I have programmed into a radio specifically to find frequencies being used) and came across MURS4 Being Used (154.570, AKA BlueDot, Previously Business Band but now grandfathered in to any citizen can use it) and when I decided to Key on it, I received a tone similar to a tail on GMRS Repeaters, but then was surprised when My voice was repeated back to me. It was not a one time thing, and will happen continuously. I have yet to find anything on it while researching it, and figured i would try here. Thanks for all help!

WRVG593

P.S 

If it helps i'm in SouthWestern Ohio, in suburbs, somewhat near a city. Although i don't see any way MURS could ever reach the city. 

Sounds like someone is running a “parrot” repeater.