Motorola VX-2200 issue

Boatiac

Question

Good morning

Being new to all this, I don't know what to do about it. I'll try to explain the best I can.

Running a VX-2200 as a base. The moment I let off the PTT I hear the very tail of my last word. All my radio setting are original, I have not changed anything yet. I checked my modulation level, it is set to "standard". I did lower it to -3, didn't change, so I set it back to "standard". I have no clue what to look at next. Radio checks tell me I am coming in "full quiet and clear". Another thing I've noticed is that it is only doing it when I'm on a repeater channel. Also, it only does it on the VX-2200. I have 2 BTech mobiles and a Midland MXT500, it does not do it on them.

Is there some kind of setting I can do to stop this?

Thanks

Edited by Boatiac
misspell

6 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, Boatiac said:

Good morning

Being new to all this, I don't know what to do about it. I'll try to explain the best I can.

Running a VX-2200 as a base. The moment I let off the PTT I hear the very tail of my last word. All my radio setting are original, I have not changed anything yet. I checked my modulation level, it is set to "standard". I did lower it to -3, didn't change, so I set it back to "standard". I have no clue what to look at next. Radio checks tell me I am coming in "full quiet and clear". Another thing I've noticed is that it is only doing it when I'm on a repeater channel. Also, it only does it on the VX-2200. I have 2 BTech mobiles and a Midland MXT500, it does not do it on them.

Thanks

Sounds to me like the repeater has a very slight delay and you’re hearing it.  You could program in some hang time maybe or don’t let up on the PTT until a half second after you stop talking.

16 hours ago, Boatiac said:

Good morning

Thanks

The cheapest and least hassle? First thing that came to my head was just to hold the TX for another second or so before letting off the PTT. That way all you hear is a normal sounding tail of the repeater. But that's just my heads pace. Guy above said yoy could program in hangtime, but you stated you were new to this, and not knowing how new, you may not know how to do that. Until you figure it out, I'd suggest the lazy way I and the last guy said.