Does Anybody Know What Band and Song is this?

MozartMan

I am trying very hard to find the band name and song title of this tune, but I have no luck. Did anybody hear it before?

It is from 2003 movie Italian Job. Ignore the title of this short video, I just named it Mountains because it shows mountains.

It is very cool funky tune.

3 minutes ago, MichaelLAX said:

Here is a listing of the 15 tracks of the score from the soundtrack album of The Italian Job (2003) by John Powell:

Varese Sarabande Records (302 066 482 2)

I can't seem to figure out which track it is from the samples given.

It is not John Powell. It is short excerpt from some song from some funky band.

7 hours ago, MichaelLAX said:

Unagrey asks your exact question on the site you linked; is that you?

No, not me. 

7 hours ago, MichaelLAX said:

What are you going to do with the answer? You just want a audio clip?

I just want audio clip to listen at home and in my car. 

You'll have to do what I did in 1997, when Fleetwood Mac reassembled its classic "70s" lineup of Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie for a taped-live concert for MTV/VH1 called "The Dance."

It was released on the videophile format, Pioneer Laserdisc, which contained CD quality sound and on audio CD.

But the concert was longer than could be contained on one CD, so some of the songs were eliminated and in the wrong order on the released CD.

The Laserdisc was a complete rendition of the concert, so in 1997, I "ripped" the audio off of the Laserdisc* into mp3 format and made a copy on what was then known as a mp3-CD, which could hold the complete concert and was playable in my car.

Ultimately I moved the concert mp3 files to my first iPod in 2002 and I now have it on a flash drive which contains a massive amount of my audio library, which plays in my Chevy Bolt EV when plugged into my Infotainment system.

*Later in October 1997, The Dance was released in its entirety on DVD, which I purchased some years later, and it made "ripping" the complete audio tracks much easier and of higher audio quality.

Well, I have conspiracy theory.

Director of 2003 Italian Job movie is F. Gary Gray. He also directed a bunch of music videos. It is possible that he had some musicians for jam/recording session and they recorded that funky riff and he decided to stick 43 seconds of that riff into the movie.

• 2 weeks later...