Abusive languge over the airwave

Guest WRUS389

Guest WRUS389

This pas weekend i heard two guys talking about a employee calling the n word none stop. In their convo. the said they were talking on cb radio. Which I know not to be true. I just kept listening to them not saying a word. then they started talking about a black guy in a grey focus. my radio would go from channel 1-22 and would stay on 22 . i knew that they where closeto me somewhere since i could hear them really clear,but no line of site do to bad traffic.

4 hours ago, Guest WRUS389 said:

This pas weekend i heard two guys talking about a employee calling the n word none stop. In their convo. the said they were talking on cb radio. Which I know not to be true. I just kept listening to them not saying a word. then they started talking about a black guy in a grey focus. my radio would go from channel 1-22 and would stay on 22 . i knew that they where closeto me somewhere since i could hear them really clear,but no line of site do to bad traffic.

Unfortunately, there are dicks everywhere.  That’s offensive (or at least should be offensive) to all of us.  Unless listening is required because you need situational awareness of some kind, I would just block that channel from being scanned.  If it continues, record it and turn it in to the FCC, but chances are they won’t do anything about it.  If you feel personally threatened (not just offended) then call the police.

If it isn't swearing and racial slurs, it is who is smarter, has better radios, antenna's, cars whatever. This happens on every type of medium. "Feeding" them often makes the situation worse in the long run. In southern California there are amateur types that even throw out their call signs bashing certain people, using profanity, and trying to get a rise out of other users. so much so, it is almost a containment frequency for those users. Never ceases to amaze me, but on my own network, have a radio ID and a logging recorder that helps keep people honest.