Anyone know any information about the "LA Echo 1 System" repeater on 725 in Los Angeles?

MichaelLAX

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Found this thread because I too picked up this repeater during my last drive to Death Valley.  I was picking its automated message all the way out past Mojave until just about Ridgecrest or perhaps slightly beyond.   (FWIW, the 650 and 700 El Paso repeaters appeared to be online but no one home as I passed through the area on a Thursday evening).   I'm just starting to tinker with repeaters, so I was very curious about this "LA Echo 1" repeater that I was hearing from San Dimas all the way to Ridgecrest!

15 hours ago, WRYS709 said:

El Paso?  Is that east or west of Ridgecrest?

I've been hearing this "Verdugo" repeater on 700 and it seems all of the freeze-dried morons from the old 725 repeater of years ago, have thawed out!

https://mygmrs.com/repeater/6209

https://mygmrs.com/repeater/7496

And I think I said "700" but meant 650 and 675 (not 700)

I'm assuming the name comes from the El Paso mountains in that area.

On 1/11/2023 at 2:56 PM, MichaelLAX said:

It used to be populated by a "crazies" repeater, which was being jammed, the last time I checked.

Now the frequency is clear and this recorded announcement with the time comes on frequently.

I don't see any listing here for it and a Morse Code ID just came on, so I'll pay attention to it next time.

I thought I heard "WWCC0000,C" but no valid GMRS call has all zeros, does it (nor 4 digits either)?

Lots of repeaters in Greater Los Angles are filled with jammers.  And the problem bleeds over to the GMRS channels..  it’s a zoo down there…