Wrist strap?

WRVF645

I have to say I also have a pile of unused ones also. That said I do have a more robust lanyard with a ring and a clip so if I go out on the water or some place precarious I can clip it to me and it’s not going anywhere. I just keep it in the glove box. But those wrist straps I just wouldn’t trust them. image.jpeg.cd624e2f0671a6a2042055ce92c3ec0c.jpeg

1 hour ago, WRVF645 said:

In a couple months I've amassed a small collection of HTs and a mobile unit in my campervan.  

A quick not very serious question.

Wrist strap or no wrists strap?  I have a pile of unused ones.

I’ve never found them useful. With a radio hanging on the belt the wrist strap has a nasty habit of catching on crap as you walk close by things then rips the radio off your belt.

I use CCRs... but yes I put the strap on, as well as the belt clip (it's optional for my radio) and it is almost never used. But the one or two times I do, it's super useful. If I climb a tree while camping, or hiking, and I cannot have it in my pocket, belt, shirt, etc, having it on my wrist tight makes it super useful. Sometimes having the ugly thing hanging off of it being used only once or twice can be worth it. Better to have and not need.