GMRS PRO Repeater Programming

WRVU381

Question

Having an issue with the GMRS PRO (other than it needs a better attenna). From what I can figure from monkeying with the radio and reading the manual, the only way to program new channels in the channel groups is through the app.

Here's my dilemma: I'm trying to program a local repeater, when adding the Tx frequency, the app doesn't give you a "frequency" option. Only channels. This is fine for repeaters that use the 30 GMRS channels, but some of my local repeaters use "off-channel" Tx frequencies, i.e. 467.675 or 467.600. I haven't tried CHIRP, as I don't really want to spend the $30 on the conversion cord, right now. Has anyone found a workaround for this or is this just what you get with the GMRSPRO? 

5 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, WRVU381 said:

Having an issue with the GMRS PRO (other than it needs a better attenna). From what I can figure from monkeying with the radio and reading the manual, the only way to program new channels in the channel groups is through the app.

Here's my dilemma: I'm trying to program a local repeater, when adding the Tx frequency, the app doesn't give you a "frequency" option. Only channels. This is fine for repeaters that use the 30 GMRS channels, but some of my local repeaters use "off-channel" Tx frequencies, i.e. 467.675 or 467.600. I haven't tried CHIRP, as I don't really want to spend the $30 on the conversion cord, right now. Has anyone found a workaround for this or is this just what you get with the GMRSPRO? 

Are you saying that your local repeaters transmit on 467.600 and 467.675 MHz?

Because:

467 MHz main channels. Only mobile, hand-held portable, control and fixed stations may transmit on these 8 channels. Mobile, hand-held portable and control stations may transmit on these channels only when communicating through a repeater station or making brief test transmissions in accordance with § 95.319(c). The channel center frequencies are: 467.5500, 467.5750, 467.6000, 467.6250, 467.6500, 467.6750, 467.7000, and 467.7250 MHz.

@MichaelLAX Apparently, that's what I'm saying and I didn't see that. None of the channel lists for GMRS that I found included the repeater channels. Dammit. Now I feel stupid. :P  The "off-channel" was from a chart I found and that's what they called those frequencies, rather than repeaters (which would have clued me in).