KPG 49D

Boatiac

Question

Good afternoon everybody.

Bought a used TK-880, got the KPG49D software and using the cable for an 8180. Everything is working well. Problem is the Help files in the program. Microsoft and their idiotic ideas did away with the program to open older .HLP files. Does anyone happen to have the help files for the KPG-49D converted to a PDF (or anything Win 10 will use) that they would be willing to share. I've tried a couple programs to convert them, I'm just not computer savey enough to work them. I know I could work through the programming if I just had some sort of a user manual. I don't have access to an XP PC.

TIA

Boatiac

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Boatiac said:

Good afternoon everybody.

Bought a used TK-880, got the KPG49D software and using the cable for an 8180. Everything is working well. Problem is the Help files in the program. Microsoft and their idiotic ideas did away with the program to open older .HLP files. Does anyone happen to have the help files for the KPG-49D converted to a PDF (or anything Win 10 will use) that they would be willing to share. I've tried a couple programs to convert them, I'm just not computer savey enough to work them. I know I could work through the programming if I just had some sort of a user manual. I don't have access to an XP PC.

TIA

Boatiac

I forget where but there is a file you can down load from Microsoft that allows you to open and read the old type help files. Just note even with the utility you can’t directly open the help file from within the radio programming application. I ended up just creating a link to the help file itself and setup Windows to use the utility to open it.

18 hours ago, Lscott said:

Thank you Lscott. Took me a while but it did work. I have a Win 10 pc that I rarely use (batt. issues), did all the "mods" on it. Worked out. Might go in and print it all out, or save it to a PDF to use on a "good" pc.

Thanks again.

Boatiac

14 hours ago, WRQE264 said:

Anything specific you’re looking for help on? I have some experience with kenwood and can maybe help.

Specific? No. Just need to be able to look at "help" when I'm learning these radios and needing to make some kind of change. I have 2- 8180's and now a 880. I'm just learning about all this radio stuff and "help" get's me along. I have a Vertex 2200, the only way I even got half a clue on it was the help files. Shouldn't have gotten such a complicated radio to start with. But, we're getting there. I will say, the Kenwoods seem so very much easier to work with. Quickly becoming a Kenwood fan!