New Repeater Channels for GMRS in 2024

intermod

One can absolutely run digital and analog on the same repeater as long as everything is setup correctly. This is done all of the time with 70cm repeaters using analog and DMR.

Now if the settings are not correct, then the digital side can interfere with the analog side and visa versa. 

1 hour ago, WRYZ926 said:

One can absolutely run digital and analog on the same repeater as long as everything is setup correctly. This is done all of the time with 70cm repeaters using analog and DMR.

Now if the settings are not correct, then the digital side can interfere with the analog side and visa versa. 

We do this with a 70 cm repeater here.  There’s not a lot of traffic for either digital or analog and it’s first come, first served.  Seems to work just fine.

On 5/28/2023 at 7:49 PM, Adamdaj said:

DMR on the General Mobile Radio Service Band sounds good, but not all GMRS users are really familiar with DMR. I mean not all GMRS license holders are also Amateur Radio License holders. I do forget the one manufacture of an FRS radios that have digital capability, but what format ? I want to say Retevis, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I know it isn't any of the other manufactures, such Midland or Motorola. Of course, I would sell all the vertex radios I own to buy Motorola GMRS Mobile if they came out with one, but I have better chance of seeing the Dodgers move back to Brooklyn before Motorola produce a GMRS mobile radio. I kind of dabbled with on FRS low power of course, just to hear my voice over my Scanner. I used channel 01 and 07 just brief test which is technically violating FCC regulations somewhere, but I would not use it unless the R&R changes to allow.

That was the Retevis RT-40; I own four of them.  They sound shockingly good, even on analog channels; I'd like to firmware unlock them for amateur radio frequencies though.

• 4 weeks later...