FCC Violation

gortex2

I’m guessing it’s a homemade repeater that went on the fritz. That’s why there should be a TOT, time out timer, on the transmitter. Also there should be a repeater control operator monitoring it too. The later should have the ability to remotely gain control of the repeater and disable it.

I’m reminded of another story on the Ham band. There was a similar case with a continuous unmodulated signal. That case was tracked down by some Hams using DF techniques. The cause was the mobile radio’s mic got stuck in the seat back somehow where the PTT was pressed in. The owner never noticed.

This is, i believe, the 4th violation/action the FCC has issued on GMRS/CB radio in the last month - which is more than the last several years combined...

I think we are seeing a new dawn in FCC actions in the CB/GMRS world.. 10 years too late, but better late than never.

2 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

This is, i believe, the 4th violation/action the FCC has issued on GMRS/CB radio in the last month - which is more than the last several years combined...

I think we are seeing a new dawn in FCC actions in the CB/GMRS world.. 10 years too late, but better late than never.

They must have seen one of your videos.  😁

I’m only partially kidding. I do wonder what has galvanized them and I really wouldn’t be surprised if they saw one of your videos. 

2 hours ago, Sshannon said:

They must have seen one of your videos.  😁

I’m only partially kidding. I do wonder what has galvanized them and I really wouldn’t be surprised if they saw one of your videos. 

This wouldn’t surprise me either.
Also it is a government agency, they have been bringing in more money with popularity and license sales up and as these entities tend to get more budget based on previous budget spending. It stands to reason they gotta do more to justify getting more. Add in more users equal more potential miss users. When CB got ugly it was license free so it seemed no one cared but when people have to pay to use something they will have expectations they are getting something for the fees they pay. Just my thoughts…