NEW Android and iOS App Beta Release

rdunajewski

Big news in the myGMRS world: we have beta versions of a brand-new iOS and Android app ready for users to test!

Android Users

On your Android device, go to the Google Play Store and search for myGMRS or click here. Install the current app version (1.3.0), which is the older version.

Once you've installed the app, you will see a Join the Beta section on the Google Play Store listing for myGMRS. Join the beta test by tapping Join and wait a few minutes. You will then see a new app update available that will install the 2.0.0 Beta version to your device.

iOS Users

Use the following link to join the public TestFlight beta for myGMRS: https://testflight.apple.com/join/ZrWc4Dkm

We're eager for feedback on these apps, as we've been working diligently on creating a unified modern app experience that will allow us to add features more easily in the future. You can share your feedback in this thread.

5 minutes ago, WRUA294 said:

Downloaded the 1.3.0 version and installed it on my Android 6 network radio. It would not let me register. Went back to the Google Play Store but no "Join the Beta" option came up so no luck. 

If you're posting here, you already have an account and you should log in instead. 

On 6/28/2023 at 9:49 PM, WRXT567 said:

WRXT567

Great app. Everything looks and works great on my iPhone 14 Pro Max. 

Only issue, cant update my Profile pic. 

IMG_0889.jpeg

Same here. It does let you select a photo to set as a profile picture but it won’t display it. Along with address showing only as a PO Box. On the website it’s entered as a street address. Other than that it’s great. IMG_0440.thumb.png.c763c029e3debe5277dd801b4e4c0e78.png

My Profile Picture experience:...

• I uploaded a pic on the app.
  • App does not display pic.
  • App pic overwrote the web pic.
  • (I since changed the web pic back...)

iOS - 16.5.1 on iPhone 13 pro

Edited by WRXD372
to add phone information

6 minutes ago, WRHS218 said:

I have had the old Android app installed for over a year. Do I need to uninstall it and then reinstall to get to the beta version?

On 6/20/2023 at 11:37 AM, rdunajewski said:

Big news in the myGMRS world: we have beta versions of a brand-new iOS and Android app ready for users to test!

Android Users

On your Android device, go to the Google Play Store and search for myGMRS or click here. Install the current app version (1.3.0), which is the older version.

Once you've installed the app, you will see a Join the Beta section on the Google Play Store listing for myGMRS. Join the beta test by tapping Join and wait a few minutes. You will then see a new app update available that will install the 2.0.0 Beta version to your device.

He mentioned "brand-new ... app" -- to me, this does not sound like an update.

BUT - have you tried to "join the beta" with your current version ?!?

If that does not work, it looks like you have to install the version mentioned (I added his instruction on top) :)

... sounds like they started "fresh" with this one and it works well !!! 👍

2 hours ago, WRXD372 said:

He mentioned "brand-new ... app" -- to me, this does not sound like an update.

BUT - have you tried to "join the beta" with your current version ?!?

If that does not work, it looks like you have to install the version mentioned (I added his instruction on top) :)

... sounds like they started "fresh" with this one and it works well !!! 👍

I ended up uninstalling the old app, reinstalling it and signing in and then there was the Join button for the Beta. A few minutes later I had the update. I have the Beta version now.

• 2 weeks later...