NEW Android and iOS App Beta Release

rdunajewski

Is there a way to show "my location" on the map using a phone's location. That would be handy when travelling in an unfamiliar area on back roads. I know nothing about apps or how to make them. So far the Beta is very fast and easy to use. Thank you for all of your work.

On first glance it looks good but I did notice if you try and change your profile there is a lot of wasted space between the keyboard and save button and very little room to actually see what you are typing, this is especially an issue when typing in the “about me” section. (iPhone 13 Pro with Display Zoom set to larger text, i will test again without this setting and let you know if it makes a difference) Definitely not the only app with this issue but any extra space you can squeak out would help.

IMG_6865.thumb.png.1961e486893e06701afbc7a335bb9081.png

ok after a reboot it looks better but still lots of wasted space below the save button. 

IMG_6867.thumb.png.42dc894f509fc838edc806655fde67f7.png

Edited by WRTM494
Added info after changing to standard zoom setting.

On 7/16/2023 at 6:23 AM, WRHS218 said:

Is there a way to show "my location" on the map using a phone's location. That would be handy when travelling in an unfamiliar area on back roads. I know nothing about apps or how to make them. So far the Beta is very fast and easy to use. Thank you for all of your work.

To anyone who might be wondering you can go to your present location, sort of, from using the "Browse Repeaters" button. You can set your distance to search in the settings within the "Browse Repeater" area. That didn't seem to be available using the "Map" button until I logged out and then back in. It now shows my location on the big map. I'm sure it was my mistake. The app is great and much smarter then I am.

After selecting a repeater from “Browse Repeaters” and selecting “view on map” on the next screen, selecting any icon will display its info, but if you select “view details” (on any repeater) it gives you the information for the original repeater selected in “Browse Repeaters”. 

13 ProMax, 16.5.1 (c)

IMG_5925.png

IMG_5926.png

IMG_5927.png

IMG_5928.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using the app for a couple updates now and find it very useful, just general day to day usage ie; callsign lookup, check for repeaters near my location ( I travel ). 

Two things I've found on the iOS version so far that I feel would be beneficial are;

1. Being able to request permission for a repeater.

2. Access to the node map with the ability to live listen when I'm in between repeaters while working.

Also having the coverage area map in the repeater details would be nice. 

I do enjoy having using the app and have not had any issues in my usage so far, no known bugs or crashes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 2:37 PM, rdunajewski said:

Big news in the myGMRS world: we have beta versions of a brand-new iOS and Android app ready for users to test!

Android Users

On your Android device, go to the Google Play Store and search for myGMRS or click here. Install the current app version (1.3.0), which is the older version.

Once you've installed the app, you will see a Join the Beta section on the Google Play Store listing for myGMRS. Join the beta test by tapping Join and wait a few minutes. You will then see a new app update available that will install the 2.0.0 Beta version to your device.

iOS Users

Use the following link to join the public TestFlight beta for myGMRS: https://testflight.apple.com/join/ZrWc4Dkm

We're eager for feedback on these apps, as we've been working diligently on creating a unified modern app experience that will allow us to add features more easily in the future. You can share your feedback in this thread.

Need to figure how to accept new users for repeaters on the app because apparently you can’t currently 

• 7 months later...

Was a tester there for a minute, but I think the beta was pulled down and then brought back up again. Here’s a map issue, I’ve been traveling around the western side of the US and have been experiencing issues with selecting other sites on map. When searching for repeaters it will only show me one (the same) repeater when selecting another. Guess to be clearer; I see one repeater, select to see info, see info, (to be dramatic for example) select a different repeater from hundred miles away to see info and only shows me the first selected repeater and only that repeaters info for every site in the US I try to select. 

32 minutes ago, WRUF242 said:

Was a tester there for a minute, but I think the beta was pulled down and then brought back up again. Here’s a map issue, I’ve been traveling around the western side of the US and have been experiencing issues with selecting other sites on map. When searching for repeaters it will only show me one (the same) repeater when selecting another. Guess to be clearer; I see one repeater, select to see info, see info, (to be dramatic for example) select a different repeater from hundred miles away to see info and only shows me the first selected repeater and only that repeaters info for every site in the US I try to select. 

I posted this back in July with pictures …about 6 posts back.  Hopefully they get if figured out.