Do you use the NOAA Weather Radio feature(s) on GMRS?

radiozip

Thanks, I understand that; however,  my non portable weather alert radios in the shop and house alert with the KG-935G Plus on my belt within feet of the other radios does not.  So if I understand the way NOAA alerts work, for the stationary radios to alert an alert tone is sent on 1050 HZ by NOAA which triggers the alarm?  Could it be that the KG-835G Plus is not set to the 1050 HZ Freq?

16 minutes ago, Coastie1998 said:

Could it be that the KG-835G Plus is not set to the 1050 HZ Freq?

That is not something you can enable/disable or adjust in any way.  If it was a manufacturing issue, it would have impacted a lot of radios and likely caught in QC.

The weather alert feature only works when you are scanning.  Are you scanning when the other radios get triggered?  If so, are you scanning regular channels or weather channels?

If the feature is enabled, you are scanning and you have two other radios trigger, but the 935 doesn't, then it sounds like you may need a repair or factory reprogramming.

I seem to recall that it is contingent on the last weather alert channel you set it to is the one that looks for alerts. So if you are not set on one for your area you won’t get the alert. I was surprised one day when I got an alert having not ever received one before. Check pages 39-42 and 55.

[07: WX-ALERT] Weather Alert
Function: Enables and disables the weather alert. Sets the alert for the currently select- ed NOAA weather channel.
Options: ON/OFF Default: OFF

• 1 month later...