uv-9g power won't switch from H to L using the # key as stated in the instruction

wrat366

Question

4 answers to this question

I have a couple of GMRS-9R radios which are almost identical to yours.  My power switch does not function either, in channel mode, but does work in frequency mode.  In frequency mode, which I do not really use, you can switch from H to M to L.  I am curious where you purchased them and how long ago?  The Radioddity site claims the power switch was fixed:

image.png.052d6da12d653203e4460287ccde854c.png

8 hours ago, wrat366 said:

I purchased 13 of these uv-9g  radios for our CERT Team, on all the radios , uv-9g power won't switch from H to L using the # key as stated in the instruction manual, any help would be appreciated thanks Eddie wrat366

It’s not the # key unless you are in frequency mode. Check page 24 of the manual for memory mode. Boafeng UV-9G power is menu 2, menu again then up or down, menu exit. You can’t change 8-14 per FCC.

3) Output power (TXP) - MENU No.2
In this MENU you can select the high/middle/ low output power.
Low power ≤0.5W; Middle power ≤2W; High power≤ 5W
Note: select the output power can improve the quality of the call, while the low output power can reduce the radiation and the battery capacity loss. On channels 8-14, the output power cannot be modified 

If by chance you are referring to the Wouxun KG-UV9G it’s menu 5.

I hope this helps 

Edited by WRUU653
Clarification

If this helps, my experience with the UV-5R in memory mode, is that a quick press of # temporarily changes the power level. Moving away, and then coming back to the memory channel reverts to the stored power level. To permanently changed a stored power level requires recreating the memory channel (delete it or overwrite it the location).

42 minutes ago, pcradio said:

If this helps, my experience with the UV-5R in memory mode, is that a quick press of # temporarily changes the power level. Moving away, and then coming back to the memory channel reverts to the stored power level. To permanently changed a stored power level requires recreating the memory channel (delete it or overwrite it the location).

For the UV-9G the # key only changes power levels in frequency mode. In memory mode you have to use the menu button and go to menu 2.