Dealer mode for vxr-7000

WROC658

Question

Hi in another thread it was discussed about how to change the program to dealer mode.

I can’t figure out how to do it. Does anyone have a step by step. I did some YouTubing and it doesn’t look like what I see on the computer. I am computer illiterate if that helps any. It’s not even my pc lol.

Using windows 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 answers to this question

Drag the "VXR-7000 Series" icon to your desktop (create a shortcut). Right click on the icon and go to properties. Add a -d" to the end of the target line and click OK.

http://files.mygmrs.com/forums/monthly_2023_07/asdf.JPG.b12a70a9cb13b9033682367c31299c95.JPG

Hi does this look correct? Only place that I can type something is here I think 396380346c78c538bb502c8baa179ede.jpg

That might work, but you’re better off creating a shortcut and editing the shortcut like [mention=9562]markskjerve[/mention] described.

5eb805811a6ceaf393b2f1af4b2a3edc.jpg
Do you know what it opens with

I do have one that does open but now it says “problem with COM port”

Didn’t have this problem last time

That might work, but you’re better off creating a shortcut and editing the shortcut like [mention=9562]markskjerve[/mention] described.

And I can’t figure out how to redownload the program the link the seller provided isn’t working anymore. Do you know of a safe site to download it from again?

9 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

Look in the menu at Common|CW ID  

I don't remember if you even need Dealer mode for that, but if it’s not there, then you didnt setup dealer mode correctly.

Definitely didn’t do it right.  The “target” address isn’t an option on this PC. Windows 10.  Has to be a spot to be a he to do it elsewhere because in properties there isn’t an option or target address.  This is what I see. 

IMG_2790.jpeg

Jus

48 minutes ago, WROC658 said:

Ok was able to get in. But no dealer mode to edit callsign.

To make sure you are in dealer mode, right click on a blank area on your desktop, highlight new then click on shortcut. In the "Type the location of the item:" field type this in exactly or cut and paste this line:

"C:\Vertex Standard\CE27 for Windows\CE27Win.exe" -d"

In the "Type a name for this shortcut:" field, type whatever you want the shortcut to be, for example "VXR7000 Dealer Mode" and click finish.

Just another way to make the shortcut.

Jus
My guess by the error you are getting is that you are not logged into Windows with admin rights.
To make sure you are in dealer mode, right click on a blank area on your desktop, highlight new then click on shortcut. In the "Type the location of the item:" field type this in exactly or cut and paste this line:
"C:\Vertex Standard\CE27 for Windows\CE27Win.exe" -d"
In the "Type a name for this shortcut:" field, type whatever you want the shortcut to be, for example "VXR7000 Dealer Mode" and click finish.

Ok thank you for the explanation I will give it a try. Won’t be able to do it now until Monday which is fine. Thank you again for all your input and advice