Sacramento repeaters

Guest Mark

Interested in GMRS especially for major events such as Sacramento Iron Man, Ride the Parkway, Triathalon, etc. Wondering if there is an available repeater along the JSMT to use from Discovery Park to Folsom Lake.

There is a bunch of repeaters around that area. Join the site and you’ll have access to the tones. 

edit- it looks like a bunch are permissions needed but once you join and are logged in you can request permission. I would hope that it would be granted as this is a perfect use case. Good luck and if you decide to join welcome. 

Edited by WRUU653
Additional information

5 hours ago, Guest Mark said:

Interested in GMRS especially for major events such as Sacramento Iron Man, Ride the Parkway, Triathalon, etc. Wondering if there is an available repeater along the JSMT to use from Discovery Park to Folsom Lake.

Most of the repeaters require permission to be submitted via this site and a license.

11 minutes ago, nokones said:

Most of the repeaters require permission to be submitted via this site and a license.

Actually the map page shows 917 open repeaters to 436 permission required. So most don’t require permission. You can’t even access the repeater info without a license though. 

13 minutes ago, WRUU653 said:

Not what you said though. I didn’t say there were that many in Sacramento either. Thanks for clarifying.

You didn't see that I pasted the OPs post to to response which the subject was the repeaters in the Sacramento Area? What other repeaters do you think I would be responding/referencing?

The SAC 625 repeater should cover most of the bike trail and may stop providing coverage as you approach Sunrise Blvd. I doubt that you will have coverage beyond Sunrise. The Orangevale 725 most likely will over shoot the bike trail as you ride along the bluffs past Sunrise.

23 minutes ago, nokones said:

You didn't see that I pasted the OPs post to to response which the subject was the repeaters in the Sacramento Area? What other repeaters do you think I would be responding/referencing?

Did you really think I was saying that there were 917 repeaters in Sacramento? You forgot to add the permission required to that number for a total of 1,353 if you really thought that’s what I was saying.  I mean that’s some coverage. 😂
I have seen this statement before about “most repeaters needing permission” in another thread recently (I’ll link it if I find it) and it caught my attention because my area is mostly open and I was curious if in fact that was true. Sorry I misunderstood your meaning. I didn’t mean it as a personal attack. I just thought it might be a misconception.  
If I had to guess perhaps the more populous area’s have more “permission required” repeaters, though I certainly don’t know that for sure. As for Sacramento they seem to have a lot of repeaters and I think it’s a shame more are not open. 

17 hours ago, WRXE944 said:

I’m also confused: what, then, does the reference to 917 mean?

Statistically speaking, the statement that “most repeaters require permission” is false because for this entire site 917 repeaters are open whereas only 436 require permission.  Therefore most repeaters do not require permission.