Looking for available repeaters near Burbank, CA

I now have an outside antenna. I hear repeater traffic but I do not know how to find out exactly what repeaters they are. I've looked here on myGMRS it it is difficult to figure it out. I'm in Burbank, CA. I went to a high location and I did activate a repeater in Ventura County. I have put many requests in for repeater use and I have received absolutely no replies. I'm kind of disappointed. I put a few "open" repeaters in my radio and I cannot access any of them even from 1350 ft at a park. Any help would be greatly appreciated. RJ

•  

I have several repeaters with listed PL tones from MYGMRS programmed into my radio. I have the capability to program many GMRS repeaters in my radio. I have a small resonant antenna about 20 ft off the ground. Radio is an Anytone AT-779UV in the GMRS mode. There is a repeater listed above me on Verdugo Mts. but the operators will not respond to me for access. I could hear the repeater from Santa Clarita on my Ham radio receive only radio. I'm not sure how accurate the repeater information is on mygmrs.

Any help would be appreciated

PS I have many analog and digital Ham radios that I have been programming for years on repeaters.

RJ

I have several repeaters with listed PL tones from MYGMRS programmed into my radio. I have a small resonant antenna about 20 ft off the ground. Radio is an Anytone AT-779UV in the GMRS mode. There is a repeater listed above me on Verdugo Mts. but the operators will not respond to me for access. I have DILA 550, SVC 575, Ranchito, North County San Diego (Which I can Hear), Verdugo (With NO PLs to monitor only), VNC 550, Topanga (Which I did access from 1300 Ft in Glendale, CA) I cannot light up any of the others. I'm going by PLs listed at MyGMRS. I hear a very strong repeater on 462.675 but I have no idea what the PL is. I have looked everywhere for clues. I can access at least 3 PAPA repeaters. (Oat, Santiago, Wilson) on a 5 watt Handheld. So I should be hitting some of these GMRS repeaters with 20 watts and an outside antenna.

Thank you all for suggestions. I can always use more suggestions.

RJ

On 8/17/2023 at 6:22 PM, WRXE944 said:

DTLA 550 is primarily Spanish speaking 

725 recently restarted after being a “free speech” zoo and then jammed by a notorious repeater hacker. So if it is available, it may not have found its new user base yet. 

The DILA 550 repeater is an open repeater thus doesn't care what language is inputed into it. Whatever goes in should come out the same.

19 hours ago, WRXT271 said:

I have several repeaters with listed PL tones from MYGMRS programmed into my radio. I have a small resonant antenna about 20 ft off the ground. Radio is an Anytone AT-779UV in the GMRS mode. There is a repeater listed above me on Verdugo Mts. but the operators will not respond to me for access. I have DILA 550, SVC 575, Ranchito, North County San Diego (Which I can Hear), Verdugo (With NO PLs to monitor only), VNC 550, Topanga (Which I did access from 1300 Ft in Glendale, CA) I cannot light up any of the others. I'm going by PLs listed at MyGMRS. I hear a very strong repeater on 462.675 but I have no idea what the PL is. I have looked everywhere for clues. I can access at least 3 PAPA repeaters. (Oat, Santiago, Wilson) on a 5 watt Handheld. So I should be hitting some of these GMRS repeaters with 20 watts and an outside antenna.

Thank you all for suggestions. I can always use more suggestions.

RJ

What PL are you using on the 675 freq pair?

Nokones A post in another stream claimed he/she activated 476.625 with a PL of 100 hz from Long Beach, CA. What is different from my ham repeaters is that the maps and info on MyGMRS do not give a lot of information on repeater location. I am familiar with all the mountain tops and where I should use them. 

jgbeall: Here is where I found info on "Santa Clarita" repeater. https://mygmrs.com/repeater/1270

I'm seriously doubting the accuracy of MyGMRS information. I have had great success with Ham repeaters from repeater book and Rfinder through RTSystems CPS programs.

I have had no reliable information from MyGMRS. I have not found a reliable database for GMRS repeaters. I totally get that repeaters do not have to be registered in a central database. So unless I meet someone that is on a system, I'm kinda shooting from the hip with a blindfold on LOL.

I thought there was an open GMRS repeater on Oat Mtn. I guess I was wrong. I don't want to be any part of the "renegade" repeater on Mt Wilson.

RJ

On 8/21/2023 at 5:11 PM, WRXT271 said:

WRXE944: Are you using the posted pl tones or different ones?

I'm using posted tones. I do not know how accurate information is on MyGMRS. This is what I found from SoCalGMRS: https://socalgmrs.org/repeaters.php The list is useless. I have contacted them several times for information and permission and they will not respond. So I have no idea what is up with that group. 😀

• 1 month later...