Repair or replace: KG-905G No display

unibrain

Take it apart and see what popped loose. 
Is it worth fixing? If opening it and reseating the connections to the LCD doesn’t work then get a quote from the manufacturer. Then determine whether the cost is worth it to you. Nobody else can answer that question. 

I opened things up and reset the ribbon cable, no joy.  I contacted buytwowayradios to see if they sell a replacement and they don’t.  

FYI, taking the radio apart is fairly easy. The key is to remove the antenna lock nut. 

Thanks for the suggestions. That radio will sit in the shelf as a donor if I ever need it. 

1 hour ago, unibrain said:

I opened things up and reset the ribbon cable, no joy.  I contacted buytwowayradios to see if they sell a replacement and they don’t.  

FYI, taking the radio apart is fairly easy. The key is to remove the antenna lock nut. 

Thanks for the suggestions. That radio will sit in the shelf as a donor if I ever need it. 

At least you gave it a shot.  Now you have a legitimate excuse to get that other radio you always wanted.