Desert getting hit hard by ole' Hillary

WRUE951

Which desert?  I know that Joshua Tree/29 Palms area was getting heavy rain Fri/Sat, but not directly related to Hillary...

I'm in the IE and so far all the predictions of death & destruction that were supposed to have begun 6 or 7 hours ago have amounted to nothing more than a little light drizzle (which stopped 2 hours ago) with 0 wind.  

10 minutes ago, WRUE951 said:

Water coming down strong,, had to sand bag the back side of our house to keep water from breaching inside..  And this is just the beginning for us...... GMRS band pretty busy today..  I hope you all are staying safe  

I hope things work out well for you. 

2 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

Which desert?  I know that Joshua Tree/29 Palms area was getting heavy rain Fri/Sat, but not directly related to Hillary...

I'm in the IE and so far all the predictions of death & destruction that were supposed to have begun 6 or 7 hours ago have amounted to nothing more than a little light drizzle (which stopped 2 hours ago) with 0 wind.  

Mojave Desert.. We are in the foothills of the Sierras and getting hammered by runoff.. Sandbags at the rear of our house, back yard is a lake.  Water starting to breach into house.. Its has let up for now but 2/3 more hours of heavy rain expected around 4P.M.    What a mess

2 hours ago, WRUE951 said:

Mojave Desert.. We are in the foothills of the Sierras and getting hammered by runoff.. Sandbags at the rear of our house, back yard is a lake.  Water starting to breach into house.. Its has let up for now but 2/3 more hours of heavy rain expected around 4P.M.    What a mess

Hang in there !!!

Sending Good Vibes your way !!!

I am sitting in the same downpour about 50 miles south -- seem that I got lucky that the architect of our house made sure that we are somewhat higher than the road ...

2 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

most of us So.Cal natives would not call that much of an earthquake, but the local news made it sound like the end-times because of the combination of the "Hurricane and Powerful Earthquake" .

Yah, I know. I was born and grew up in Orange County and a 5.1 earthquake is nothing more than a liquor bottle and dish rattler. Some of those liquor bottles and dishes may make their way to the floor. In other words, its a no-bigee.

Well,, not much water breached in the house,,  Sandbags did a great job..  Had the contractor that built my house here this morning..  We find out the the Landscapers covered two french drains with plastic and then the decor rock when we had some landscaping done, reason for the huge lake in the back yard.  The rest of the city had some issues.  a few business flooded, Lots of intersections closed..  Now i'll be spending the day removing sandbags and clean up rock...    Defiantly cold have been worse.  

Update:  Contractor came back wanted to check the French drain exit at the front of the house..  That one was also covered with plastic and rock...  LOL..   and no comments..  Other than i'm pretty pissed!  

16 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

most of us So.Cal natives would not call that much of an earthquake, but the local news made it sound like the end-times because of the combination of the "Hurricane and Powerful Earthquake" .

yup,  those were mild aftershocks compared to real earth quakes..   We were right in the epicenter (17 miles from my home) from the 2019 'Earth Quakes'..  Those were some shakers that defiantly wake ya up

1 hour ago, WRUE951 said:

Well,, not much water breached in the house,,  Sandbags did a great job..  Had the contractor that built my house here this morning..  We find out the the Landscapers covered two french drains with plastic and then the decor rock when we had some landscaping done, reason for the huge lake in the back yard.  The rest of the city had some issues.  a few business flooded, Lots of intersections closed..  Now i'll be spending the day removing sandbags and clean up rock...    Defiantly cold have been worse.  

Update:  Contractor came back wanted to check the French drain exit at the front of the house..  That one was also covered with plastic and rock...  LOL..   and no comments..  Other than i'm pretty pissed!  

Glad you got away "easy" :)

I guess they covered the drain to avoid it being clogged up by debris😇 - after all, it would not be easy to clean it once the rock is on top 🤯

🤣🥴🤣

2 hours ago, WRUE951 said:

Visqueen keeps the fines out!  

I sure don’t blame you for being pissed. I’m glad things were no worse. 

41 minutes ago, Sshannon said:

Visqueen keeps the fines out!  

I sure don’t blame you for being pissed. I’m glad things were no worse. 

I had it easy..  one house two streets down has major issues..  One corner of their foundation is undermined..  And these are new 3 year old houses.  They did not have landscaping and the ones that didn't have lots of work to restore their property.  Lots of mud everywhere and undermined sidewalks everywhere..    Gonna take awhile for the city to clean this mess up..