Midland MXT575 with MXTa26 6db gain antenna., with MXTa27 lip mount.

WRWJ387

I just received my order of the above equipment and will be installing in my truck this weekend. looking forward to being able to reach out and talk to other operators in the area. I also just ordered a surecom SW-102 SWR meter, as to ensure that have a good match between the radio and antenna. It was a spendy shopping spree. But worth it as far as I am concerned.  anyway, you all have a good one..

WRWJ387

Scott M.

USN  A01 (Ret). 

Congrats!  I use that same antenna on my Jeep.
But, are you sure there are "other operators" in your area? GMRS is generally a BYOB (Bring Your Own Buddy) service, and is not really intended primarily for reaching-out to other operators. For finding strangers to talk with ham radio or the Grindr app are probably better choices.

Yeah, I have other folks in in the field equpied with radios. I was able to talk to some bikers that had gotten lost in the mountains, using my Baofeng UV-9G. We got them out ok, I have been wanting to get  a mobile for the truck, and this set up is what I decided on, and I spent some time reading reviews also. We shall see.  Have a good one. thank you for the reply. 

But, are you sure there are "other operators" in your area? GMRS is generally a BYOB (Bring Your Own Buddy) service, and is not really intended primarily for reaching-out to other operators. For finding strangers to talk with ham radio or the Grindr app are probably better choices.

I heard Grindr was the preferred choice for “some people”

On 9/8/2023 at 7:50 PM, OffRoaderX said:

I had to look this up (Strike #1) but, (no pun intended)  now I have seen it and can't un-see it.  No I don't have a need to know how, or why you know this....hummmm...