Radioddity Customer Service

Tiercel

I hope this is not considered inappropriate or against forum rules.  I certainly have zero financial interest in Raddioddity.  I do not know a lot about the brands they carry.  They seem to handle their own brand (probably made in China) and Baofeng (definitely made in China), maybe other brands as well.

What I do know is that I have never found better customer service from a company.  That is saying a lot because I worked in technology for 30 years dealing with major computer manufacturers and data management vendors daily.  Radioddity customer service responded to my dead channel 15 on a pair of Baofeng UV-9Gs by:
1. immediately offering a return pick up with the promise that they would replace the units with 2 confirmed working UV-9Gs
2. Or give me a full refund if I prefer.

3. Upon my suggestion that they return refund 50% and let me keep the units, they immediately agreed.

They followed up to confirm that I got my refund and were beyond pleasant every time we made contact.  It is hard to find a customer-oriented business these days, but Raddioddity is one.  If I ever need any product they handle, I will be prone to deal with them.

They're definitely better than the other Chinese vendors.  They say they have an office/HQ in Delaware, but all the replies to the support email come in the middle of the night so I'm assuming they're in China or somewhere over there.  My impression is the names they give us aren't real (e.g. Ingrid, Sophia, Kate); the names sound like American or other native English speakers but the replies sometimes don't seem to correspond with that.  Also, the replies might sometimes be from bots but that's not certain.  They are good at trying to come to a resolution.  They didn't solve my driver issue (SShannon did that), but they did give a partial refund once and I've just ordered a spare mic they're shipping from China.  I had to pay on their website, though, and I almost balked at doing that.  Their website is terrible if you watch all the connections being attempted.  And they use Spotify for payment processing which I normally avoid.  So as long as I can order their stuff through Amazon I might buy from them again.  But if I have to buy directly, probably would look elsewhere.

tl/dr: they're OK

TL/DR: minor gripes with how they report inventory, and shipping. no direct experience with their customer service, as I haven't needed to use it.

My only complaint with Radioddity relates to their website.  I ordered a Xiegu G106 and DE-19 package deal, which they showed as having US stock, with 5-7 day shipping (iirc, on the shipping).  However, it shipped from China instead, and according to the tracking took 3 or 4 days just to get dropped at the shipper. Total time was just over 2 weeks to actually receive it. 

Partially my bad for cutting it close, but I was kind of hoping to participate in one of the contest weekends, but the radio didn't get here in time...I skipped ordering from Amazon because the price difference would have been over $100.

Aside from the G106, I also ordered a GD73 dmr radio from them awhile back. Got hit with a foreign transaction fee by my credit card on that one (didn't realize at that point they were international), then problems with DHL about delivering the radio (shipped to a PO box). also had a bear of a time setting up the radio, between not a ton of into for it, and me having zero idea with DMR codeplugs.  That surprise foreign transaction fee put me off for a long time, but it looks like they've added paypal support between then and when i gave in on the G106.