Talkpod A36 ? Versus Beofeng UV 9R.

WRZF693

Question

Hey folks.  Anyone have both radios or have tried both radios and if so which do you prefer? I need a radio that does split times and I prefer it to be chirp programmable.  

Also, do radios that have the super heterodyne or whatever it's called listed usually in their sales literature or ads on Amazon? I've only seen one that I know of that was on Randy's channel which was too costly for me.  I can't really justify it, so wondering if there are inexpensive, or more in expensive radios sat up to 100 dollars that have the super heterodyne feature? 

Thanks folks.  

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, WRZF693 said:

Hey folks.  Anyone have both radios or have tried both radios and if so which do you prefer? I need a radio that does split times and I prefer it to be chirp programmable.  

Also, do radios that have the super heterodyne or whatever it's called listed usually in their sales literature or ads on Amazon? I've only seen one that I know of that was on Randy's channel which was too costly for me.  I can't really justify it, so wondering if there are inexpensive, or more in expensive radios sat up to 100 dollars that have the super heterodyne feature? 

Thanks folks.  

I have neither of those radios.  I don’t recall hearing good reviews about the A36 Talkpod, but maybe I’ve missed some.

The Wouxun KG-805G is a superhet radio that has received good reviews, supports split tones, has been reported programmable with Chirp, and sells for right at $100.

On 11/18/2023 at 9:32 AM, Sshannon said:

I have neither of those radios.  I don’t recall hearing good reviews about the A36 Talkpod, but maybe I’ve missed some.

The Wouxun KG-805G is a superhet radio that has received good reviews, supports split tones, has been reported programmable with Chirp, and sells for right at $100.

Thank you Steve.. I might just have to get the Wouxun or the TidRadio HD8.. Looking at both now.. 
Tim