Repeater icon meaning (other than its “on”)

JamesBrox

Question

The repeater is made of two Maxon TM-8402A. I’ve reached out to the manufacturer but they say it means they’re indicating that they’re “on”…..I’m like really? So asking this group L to R…..RSSI (Receive Signal Strength Indicator). Next, backwards  slanted S meaning PL tones are being used. Next, the music note is an alert of some type….anyone know? What’s it alerting? Next is wide band. 
Thanks guys!

IMG_5241.jpeg

4 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, JamesBrox said:

The repeater is made of two Maxon TM-8402A. I’ve reached out to the manufacturer but they say it means they’re indicating that they’re “on”…..I’m like really? So asking this group L to R…..RSSI (Receive Signal Strength Indicator). Next, backwards  slanted S meaning PL tones are being used. Next, the music note is an alert of some type….anyone know? What’s it alerting? Next is wide band. 
Thanks guys!

IMG_5241.jpeg

Does it beep as an acknowledgement tone?  My guess would be that’s the “alert”

No acknowledgment sound. These icons were all on when I received the repeater from the manufacturer. So they “do” something important just figure out what. I did turn it off to see if it stopped the repeater ID from being broadcasted. It did not, still heard the ID on my HT…… I turned it back on.

According to the manual:

https://www.ameradio.com/doc/Maxon-TM-2000-TM-8000-user-manual.pdf

There are alert tones that sound when the programmed emergency button is pressed or when the TOT expires. It sounds as though that’s what the symbol represents. 

There’s also a horn alert that can be wired to a vehicle horn for notifications of particular calls. 

22 minutes ago, Sshannon said:

According to the manual:

https://www.ameradio.com/doc/Maxon-TM-2000-TM-8000-user-manual.pdf

There are alert tones that sound when the programmed emergency button is pressed or when the TOT expires. It sounds as though that’s what the symbol represents. 

There’s also a horn alert that can be wired to a vehicle horn for notifications of particular calls. 

Yeah, I read the second point in the manual.  Odd, indeed. Being the repeater was built with reformatted 8402As. There’s no telling what it means now. I’ll just leave on what was on when received. Thanks