Btech GMRS-50v2: how to disable scanning WX channels

yogurttragedy

Question

6 answers to this question

There should be a setting in the menu or a button that turns the weather channels on or off. They are not lumped in with the rest of the channels/frequencies because as you have found out they broadcast constantly and will always stop your scan on the first one it comes across and hold it there. Consult your manual.

Well, the way I programmed it, they are lumped in with the remaining channels. There's no "on/off" for them.

Looking at the manual I see there's a special method to add NOAA channels via the radio itself:

63 - NCH-AD - Quick NOAA Channel Add

Since I programmed it via CHIRP I'm guessing I'll need to delete the NOAA channels I've created, manually add them via the above menu item, and they'll be automatically skipped.

Looking at the first image/CSV I grabbed before making my changes, I don't notice any fields that contain a hint that they need to be skipped, other than the naming convention:

NOAA01
NOAA02
NOAA03
NOAA04
NOAA05
NOAA06
NOAA07

I wonder if simply ensuring the names are exactly as above will automatically omit them from scanning. 🤔

I'll report back with my findings.