Unable To Register

Guest Justin

Guest Justin

I am trying to register but I am being told that there is already an account registered with my call sign. I received it last year so I assume the issue is that it was someone else’s before I got assigned it. How do I go about getting that fixed?

12 hours ago, Guest Justin said:

I am trying to register but I am being told that there is already an account registered with my call sign. I received it last year so I assume the issue is that it was someone else’s before I got assigned it. How do I go about getting that fixed?

Call signs are not recycled in GMRS. Could you have the wrong call sign?  4 letters followed by 3 numbers.

Guest Justin
5 hours ago, Sshannon said:

Call signs are not recycled in GMRS. Could you have the wrong call sign?  4 letters followed by 3 numbers.

I have made sure the call sign is correct and have copy and pasted it from the FCC site. When I enter the call sign it says it is already registered and shows my information from the FCC site and I can't click continue. I have tried doing a "forgot my password" but I am not receiving a password reset email to any of my addresses. I don't ever remember registering so I don't know what email address it would be sent to but it doesn't seem any of the ones I know of and check regularly.

9 hours ago, Sshannon said:

This person is having an issue registering for this site, not an FCC licensing issue.  I’ll report it to Rich.

I read it as he was trying to reactivate his old expired call sign and needed to file a motion for renewal.