Wouxun KG-UVD1P is just what I've been looking for.

WSAA635

2 minutes ago, WSAA635 said:

I honestly don't think FCC folks cruise around in their vans just looking for someone using a HAM radio on a GMRS frequency to bust.

No, obviously they don't. My point is, don't draw attention to yourself if you are operating on GMRS with non-GMRS radios.

I am going to make a video about the 5 things that I've found out about it that I don't like. They're not "Deal Breakers" by any means but still, if a cheap UV-5R has these features then this radio should have them as well but like I said, I still really like this radio. That's why I bought a 2nd one. 😉

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, jwilkers said:

The uvd1p units (had?) Have a "suicide chip" that will.fail and render the radio useless. It has something to do with read write cycles to nvram.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Not heard of that issue. Does anyone else know anything about this. It seems if this is the case the radio would have been discontinue long ago since it's a 13-14 year old design.  

Does this "suicide " happen with normal use or what?

Not heard of that issue. Does anyone else know anything about this. It seems if this is the case the radio would have been discontinue long ago since it's a 13-14 year old design.  
Does this "suicide " happen with normal use or what?
https://hamgear.wordpress.com/2014/01/06/wouxun-reliability-issues/

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk